"No Response" after assigning many devices to "Treat as X"

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:47 am
Different Computers offline

"No Response" after assigning many devices to "Treat as X"

Figured out why my "Treat as" dialog boxes in the server config window were empty. Went ahead and assigned doors, motion sensors, switches. All these changes showed right up in iOS Home, BUT every single device is non-responsive.

Reloaded the plugin. Same.

Disabled the plugin, waited for the HBB server to say it was up. Same.

Last time, I had to delete my Home from the Home App to fix this. Hope I don't have to do it again!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:38 am
rehafer offline

Re: "No Response" after assigning many devices to "Treat as

Different Computers wrote:
Figured out why my "Treat as" dialog boxes in the server config window were empty. Went ahead and assigned doors, motion sensors, switches. All these changes showed right up in iOS Home, BUT every single device is non-responsive.

Reloaded the plugin. Same.

Disabled the plugin, waited for the HBB server to say it was up. Same.

Last time, I had to delete my Home from the Home App to fix this. Hope I don't have to do it again!

I had a similar problem when adding a motion sensor to HHB. My devices became responsive again after completely shutting down Indigo and restarting and reloading the HBB plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 am

It's just getting worse.

Restarted the Indigo Server.

Disabled and reloaded HBB.
Code: Select all
 Started plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20"
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy          Starting the Homebridge server 'TwoDogHill', do not try to use Siri until you get a message that the server has started
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Adding TwoDogHill to cache
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Automatically adding watched device 'Freezer Door' to cache as a watched item
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Automatically adding watched device 'Bedside' to cache as a watched item
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Automatically adding watched device 'Hall Fixture' to cache as a watched item
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Automatically adding watched device 'Great Room Lights' to cache as a watched item
   EPS - Homeb

This continues for a long list of what appears to be all my accessories.

But the HB log shows:
Code: Select all
 EPS - Homebridge Buddy          [7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-indigo
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-indigo.Indigo'
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] ---
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.       <------------------------------------NOTE THIS
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] ---
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] Loading 1 platforms...
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] [TwoDogHill] Initializing Indigo platform...
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] [TwoDogHill] Indigo base URL is http://127.0.0.1:8176
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] Loading 0 accessories...                        <------------------------------------NOTE THIS
[7/30/2017, 1:53:29 PM] [TwoDogHill] Indigo request: http://127.0.0.1:8176/devices.json/

Now the iOS Home app shows no accessories.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:08 pm
webdeck offline

The 0 accessories is normal. What comes after the call to devices.json?

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 pm

AHA!

Thanks very much. What I had posted was, I thought, the entire log. If I look at it later, (just now) I see I have an Action Group and a Device with the exact same name, so HB couldn't finish starting up.

All working now!

Page 1 of 1