I'm just not getting it

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm
webdeck offline

Re: I'm just not getting it

rgspb wrote:
And if I select Show Homebridge Log I get this. It looks like there may be a conflicting plugin installed??

Yes, the Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::51826 error means there is already a server listening on port 51826, which means you have homebridge running manually and will need to stop it. If you set it up manually independently of Homebridge Buddy, you need to undo it.

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm
rgspb offline

Thank you, I'll look into uninstalling it!

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 pm
rgspb offline

I'm getting there! I had to uninstall nodejs. After doing this I reinstalled the HBB plugin and get no errors, everything seems to be working fine. Still no server showing up in the Home app though. So here's where this gets away from being an Indigo issue and a HomeKit issue.

I've got all this up and running in our house in Hawaii. So I have two "Homes" setup in the Home app. Only under the "Hawaii" home it shows Home Hubs for Hawaii AND for the one here in Florida. When I check setting on the Apple TV in FL it shows HomeKit/Hawaii - connected. Under the "Florida" home no Hub shows up. Am I only going to be able to use this at one home or the other but not both? I can't seem to disconnect the Florida Apple TV from the "Hawaii" home in the Home app.

As I said I realize this is now outside the realm of these forums but maybe someone else is having a similar problem and could be helped with figuring this out too.

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 pm
webdeck offline

Homebridge is emulating a Homekit hub device. Each Homekit device can only live in a single home - that's how Apple has it setup.

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm
rgspb offline

But if there are two different homes (physical) with two different Apple TVs and two different Indigo servers we should be able to have two different setups right? Why else are we able to add additional "Homes" to the Home app?

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm
webdeck offline

Sorry, I thought you were trying to have a single Indigo server for two homes. If you have two different servers, it should work, but you will need to make sure they have different homebridge usernames (the MAC address looking name like "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30".)

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm
rgspb offline

Ok that's making sense, but how do I change that?

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 pm
rgspb offline

Eureka! That did it, I found the setting to change the Username and then restarted the computer and it showed up! I'm now setting up all my devices and groups.

Thanks everyone for your help on this!