Homebridge Buddy Pulled

Posted on
Thu May 25, 2017 2:09 pm
jeffnesh offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy Pulled

Me as well! My Indigo is not on Sierra yet. Would love to play around with this.

Thanks

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 9:59 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

For those that want to download this at your own risk (although, as I've stated many times, I run this on Sierra and have yet to experience the issues reported):

https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Homebridge

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 pm
kelmk offline

Thanks man, this is so much easier than configuring home bridge through editing config files.
Everything is working great for me on Sierra except my Nest thermostat. I set the pref to Celsius but something keeps trying to set my temp to 38C. I turn it down and few minutes later it goes back up. Excluding the Nest device fixes the issue so it's definitely something in this plugin doing it.
Thanks!

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 pm
kelmk offline

It may be an issue with the homebridge-indigo plugin actually. Basically what happens is when I long press in HomeKit to bring up the slider for the thermostat it starts at the top which is 38C.
It doesn't seem to set the slider to the current temp. Strangely this didn't happen when using the homebridge-nest plugin.

Posted on
Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 am
durosity offline

That's a bug with the home app in iOS 10. It happens with a standalone thermostat my sister in law has too. I reported it to apple ages ago but not had any resolution yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 1:51 am
kelmk offline

I'm not so sure about that. I have a home bridge server running on my synology using the home bridge-nest plugin and it functions how you would expect. Long press brings up the slider at the current temp. Homebridge running through HBB with the homebridge-indigo has the maximised slider problem. So I'm not sure where the problem would be but it doesn't seem to be a iOS issue.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 2:53 am
kelmk offline

I'm absolutely loving Homebridge Buddy. I don't want to live without it now :)
I have a question if this is possible. I've made a homebridge dimmer wrapper to my Yamaha receiver using the Yamaha plugin. I would like the dimmer slider to work as a volume control. Best I can seem to do right now is increase volume on on and decrease on off. Is it possible to remap the slider to send custom commands instead of brightness?
It would need to be able to send a setVolume -60 for brightness 10 for example or -20 for brightness 100. Am I crazy?
Thanks!

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 3:07 am
durosity offline

kelmk wrote:
I'm not so sure about that. I have a home bridge server running on my synology using the home bridge-nest plugin and it functions how you would expect. Long press brings up the slider at the current temp. Homebridge running through HBB with the homebridge-indigo has the maximised slider problem. So I'm not sure where the problem would be but it doesn't seem to be a iOS issue.

Well it definitely happens with an idevices thermostat. Perhaps something to do with the device definition?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 3:11 am
durosity offline

Also you might want to try this: https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-yamaha

It's not via HBB but once setup as a custom instance it works well... well it does for my pioneer av receiver, envisalink alarm bridge, harmony hubs and a few other wee things

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm
kelmk offline

Just posting an update. I have had zero problems since installing this plugin. My Indigo has been running continuously for weeks since I installed HBB. No memory leaks or freezing.
Cheers

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 am
rvarela offline

+1. This plugin worked for me since many months ago. I am very interested in knowing what is in the roadmap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:30 pm
perhodes1701 offline

I'd like to give HBB a try, at my own risk, of course. I'm just not sure what to do with the files at the link https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Homebridge
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am
rehafer offline

My installation of HBB/Indigo is still running fine on my 8 year old Mac mini, happy to report.
I do have a question that may be better answered in a different forum. I'm using Autolog's LIFX to control a couple of bulbs. They show up in HBB and I can use HomeKit to control on/off and brightness, but not hue. The question is, which developer should I pester about this?
LIFX seems to have dropped the ball on direct HomeKit integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk