Homebridge Buddy Pulled

Posted on
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:24 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Homebridge Buddy Pulled

I've been getting a lot of messages about HBB and server utilization and everyone seems to think that HBB is the culprit and I haven't had time to track this down so I'm pulling HBB down for now until I can rewrite the plugin. The plugin was originally intended to just be a way to easily update your HB configuration and has morphed into this solution that does everything and it wasn't built to support that so it's possible that there's something in there that's causing problems. That being said it has never caused a single issue on my end, and I run four HB servers through HBB.

The original web deck version of HB still works and the configuration file that you created with HBB will transfer straight over, so there shouldn't really be any loss of functionality.

I'm not sure when I can do a ground-up rewrite as my schedule has gotten quite bogged down at the moment but I'll see if I can start getting that started in the next week or so.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm
mlooss offline

Re: Homebridge Buddy Pulled

I have been running HBB for a few week, never installed HB before that and I have no issues at all. My Mac mini runs Indigo, SecuritySpy, Plex Media Server and many more services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I have a very similar setup and run HBB quite successfully and it's become a crucial part of my H.A. but as long as there is the potential that HBB is causing some kind of larger failure then I believe it's in everyone's best interest that I don't let anyone else get their hands on it until we can resolve whatever it is that is going on.

#hbb-gate-2017

:)

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 am
midd offline

see my post from here: viewtopic.php?f=131&t=17847&start=120#p135340

No issues or hang up since Sunday.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

mlooss wrote:
I have been running HBB for a few week, never installed HB before that and I have no issues at all. My Mac mini runs Indigo, SecuritySpy, Plex Media Server and many more services.

What OS version? The people who've reported the problem (and haven't found any way to fix it) are all running Sierra. Just trying to get a baseline.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:57 pm
dkillmer offline

Mine hung and I have Sierra.

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 pm
Fishysan offline

That's unfortunate - it's been awesome fine for me with El Capitan from day one with version 0.20 when I upgraded to Indigo v7. I uninstalled the manual route and tried out HBB.

Thanks again for creating it in the first place!

Don't let this stop you.

Cheers.

Posted on
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 pm
mlooss offline

My server never showed any signs of problems and I am still on El Capitan 10.11.6 Server.

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm also using it on El Capitan. Whatever the issue is, I believe it's only happening on Sierra. No clue why of course... :(

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 am
peteinau offline

I'm on El Capitan and all good here, not experienced any issues at all

Posted on
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 am
Coolcaper offline

No problems here as well. Am on El Capitan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:53 am
nsheldon offline

Interesting. I was having severe Indigo hang issues which seemed to be related to HBB. I'm running Sierra. However, I'm no longer having trouble and I don't know what changed (mostly because I didn't do any real troubleshooting and generally just rebooted my system when things got hung up). So, just as a data point, here's what I'm running...

• Indigo 7.0.3
  • HomeBridge Buddy plugin version 0.20 (using only the bundled HomeBridge server)
  • macOS Sierra (10.12.3)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012) with 2.3 GHz Core i7, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD
My system isn't a dedicated Indigo server though. It's also got macOS Server running on it and provides other server functions for the house, so it's hard to do any controlled troubleshooting on it. The severity of the IndigoServer hangs and the ineffectiveness of simply killing all Indigo related processes and starting the IndigoServer again (without a complete reboot) led me to suspect some kind of kernel extension error or USB related issue (since I have a number of USB devices connected).

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:39 am
jalves offline

Just another data point. I've had HBB installed for over 2 months now without any adverse impact. Running Indigo 7 on a headlessMac Mini late 2012; 2.3 ghz i7; 16g memory model 6,2, with the latest release version of Sierra. The mini also runs Security Spy 4 and occasionally serves as a media (video/audio) server.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:36 pm
durosity offline

I go away for a month and this is what happens? Dang.

FWIW I’ve never had any lockups caused by it on my 10.11 macOS server. And it’s quickly become one of the most commonly used parts of indigo.. I now use the Home app almost exclusively for HA control, only using indigo touch for a couple of things that I’ve not yet setup via HBB. Hope you figure out what’s causing it soon :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 pm
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:
I go away for a month and this is what happens? Dang.

I guess the ban timer ran out, eh?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]