Holy Cow. Awesome!

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 am
HAupgrade offline

Holy Cow. Awesome!

Colorado4Wheeler,

This has made my year!

I haven't had time to keep up with everything on Indigo and the great plug-ins that folks have made. Just wanted to take a second and thank you immensely for giving Indigo the connection to Siri. What a game changer! I had been running a very wonky Insteon Hub Pro but it wasn't really reliable and did not support all that I needed.

You rock! Thank you from the bottom to the top of a very happy home automation enthusiast.

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm
scriptures4life offline

Request for a Coding-Phobic HomeBridge Buddy Guide / Video

@ Colorado4Wheeler @jay (support) @matt (support)

I am running Indigo 6, and after reading this post, it seems like there may be a case for upgrading to Indigo 7 so I can run Homebridge Buddy on Mac OS 10.11 so I can make use of HomeKit and Siri.

Can anyone put together a little video showing how awesome and intuitive this setup can be, using Siri, so I can show my wife? :)
Jay and Matt, I think it would be great to put this on your sales pitch page for getting people to upgrade to Indigo 7.
I did some digging into HomeBridge and it looked like coding, ugh. Didn't want to mess with it. I scraped the forums and stumbled over HBB.
Let's just recognize the great work these 3rd Party coders have done and put it front and centre with a help guide that gets people right to the awesomeness.
I just felt like you guys have the gold, and it's just a bit buried at the moment. I thought I'd have to code like crazy to use Siri, but, I'm still not sure, but it seems like there is a logical room-by-room naming convention you can adopt and some command conventions you can use, and you can have an amazing setup with Insteon devices.
(I have my whole house wired with Insteon switches & a Nest thermostat, and it would be so awesome to be able to control it all with Siri.)

So - can anyone produce a coding-phobic dummies guide and promo video for Indigo + HomeBridge Buddy enabling Siri to Insteon devices on Indigo for Mac?

You guys rock!
Danny

All house lights and block heater are Insteon switches. Running Indigo Pro.

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm
scriptures4life offline

Re: Holy Cow. Awesome!

(I saw this video but it's not a how-to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCE_g12VFRM)

All house lights and block heater are Insteon switches. Running Indigo Pro.

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Holy Cow. Awesome!

@scriptures4life: there are several reasons why we don't go out of our way to push "Siri" support via Homebridge/Homebridge Buddy (not the least of which is that legally we can't). However, there appears to be some odd interaction/bug with the HBB plugin such that Colorado4Wheeler has pulled it until such time as he (with any assistance we can provide) can figure out what the exact issue is and work around it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1