Assistance with issue

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:29 am
jsable offline

Assistance with issue

I had been using the homebridge-indigo for a while and it was working quite well. When I installed the home bridge buddy, I have not been able to get it working. I have removed the homebridge-indigo and the homebridge buddy and associated files in the preferences folder, then re-installed the latest version of homebridge buddy and I keep getting the following in my log:
Code: Select all
  EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Exception in plugin.homebridgeForceUpdate line 1538: 'key id 956432154 not found in database'
                      CODE: server = indigo.devices[int(parent.pluginProps["serverDevice"])]

I then get endless cycles of:
EPS - Homebridge Buddy          Starting the Homebridge server 'Homebridge for Indigo', do not try to use Siri until you get a message that the server has started
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Warning  Stopping the Homebridge server 'Homebridge for Indigo'

I cannot even seem to open the homebridge log, I have to navigate to the plugin folder to view it in finder, and when I do navigate there, I have homebridge.log, then homebridge.log.1 through homebridge.log.7, all files are zero bites long.
I also have a bunch of files named "npm-debug.log.[series of numbers]" that show this:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v7.2.1-darwin-x64/bin/node',
1 verbose cli   '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/npm',
1 verbose cli   '-g',
1 verbose cli   'prefix' ]
2 info using npm@3.10.10
3 info using node@v7.2.1
4 verbose exit [ 0, true ]
5 verbose stack Error: write EPIPE
5 verbose stack     at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
5 verbose stack     at WriteWrap.afterWrite [as oncomplete] (net.js:804:14)
6 verbose cwd /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/1338808706
7 error Darwin 16.3.0
8 error argv "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/node-v7.2.1-darwin-x64/bin/node" "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/npm" "-g" "prefix"
9 error node v7.2.1
10 error npm  v3.10.10
11 error code EPIPE
12 error errno EPIPE
13 error syscall write
14 error write EPIPE
15 error If you need help, you may report this error at:
15 error     <https://github.com/npm/npm/issues>
16 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

If anyone can point me in the right direction to correct this so I can get it working, it would be greatly appreciated!

~John

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Assistance with issue

First turn off the HB server in your devices, it sounds like you have a device in there that doesn't exist anymore. Then set up a new one and see if it behaves, just assign a couple devices to it to test.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 pm
jsable offline

Thanks for the info, I made it one step further than before, I can now see the homebridge in the "Home" app on my iPad, however when I go to pair it, it says "Home couldn't connect to this accessory"cannot connect to this device". Still getting the same errors in the Indigo log and the Homebridge Log.

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 am
jsable offline

Made a little more progress.... lesson for the day: when all else fails, reboot :D
I have the homebridge server added to my home app, but it is not seeing any devices... checking the other forum post for a fix :)

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:39 pm
jsable offline

Finally got it working, apparently, there were still files that were tied to the webdock install of homebridge-indigo from prior to the HHB install. Got rid of everything and reinstalled. It appears to be working as it should.

Page 1 of 1