Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Switching to new plugin issues

durosity wrote:
Alas no joy, still getting the same errors with the new version:

As I mentioned in the release notes as an outstanding issue:

Code: Select all
Need to add work around for users using Better Email to compensate for the malformed XML in that plugin's Devices.xml

FlyingDiver wrote:
What's the issue with BetterEmail?

Apparently there is something wonky in the Devices.xml that causes the error that Dur posted there when I try to parse it.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:51 pm
durosity offline

Just to clarify though that I've never used betteremail. Is the issue specific to that? Also why would it still occur when I replace the whole indigo 7 folder with a backup from over a month ago when there wasn't any issues at all?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
durosity wrote:
Alas no joy, still getting the same errors with the new version:

As I mentioned in the release notes as an outstanding issue:

Code: Select all
Need to add work around for users using Better Email to compensate for the malformed XML in that plugin's Devices.xml

FlyingDiver wrote:
What's the issue with BetterEmail?

Apparently there is something wonky in the Devices.xml that causes the error that Dur posted there when I try to parse it.

I don't recall anyone ever reporting a Devices.xml issue to me. Durosity doesn't use BetterEmail, so it didn't come from him. Do you get an error? Can you post details in the BetterEmail forum so I can address it? If it's actually a problem in the xml file, that is.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Just to clarify though that I've never used betteremail. Is the issue specific to that?

You are the second person to report it, that and iFindStuff seem to be potential issues but I don't use either plugin so I just need to sit down and install both and see what happens. It may have nothing to do with either but one of your messages SPECIFICALLY pointed to one of them so that's all I'm going on at the moment.

But, your error message is definitely pointing to something it doesn't like. In looking at that specific code I can see a couple of things:

• The plugin in question is missing an "ID" parameter as it should have because that is the actual crash
  • I may have been debugging that routine at some point because I am actually "raising" the error rather than letting it report and move forward, so that's something I'm changing right this moment - this means that you'll be able to still start HBB regardless of the error. I'm not going to post a release note for it but go ahead an download the latest posted version, it's 0.19 now and I'm no longer raising that error
  • In the new release I've also added some extra debugging to figure out which plugin is the problem, turn on debug logging to see it

Do go out and download 0.19 and see what happens. I'll refer to this release as the Durosity 3.0 release :).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't recall anyone ever reporting a Devices.xml issue to me. Durosity doesn't use BetterEmail, so it didn't come from him. Do you get an error? Can you post details in the BetterEmail forum so I can address it? If it's actually a problem in the xml file, that is.

My evidence is all 2nd hand at this point FD, it could be nothing at all. If you look in this thread you might see the one debug message that was posted that said something about one of either Better Email and/or iFindStuff that specifically was reported. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet, but I do know that disabling those two plugins seemed to resolve the issue, then they could re-enable the plugins again and it was fine. Not sure at this point but I have added code to a new release (see last message here) that should help identify the problem.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:03 pm
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I'll refer to this release as the Durosity 3.0 release :).

Clearly putting my name on it made it work. Out of interest were you expecting any errors to report back on because i didn't get any?

(Also as i expected my whole config on the iOS has disappeared so i'll have to set that all up again.. if i weren't teetotal i'd be hitting the scotch hard and fast at the thought of that!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Why did you expect iOS to wipe?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:19 pm
durosity offline

Because i wasn't aware that it was a bug in the plugin so i'd been doing all sorts of things to try and correct it from my end including deleting the devices and plugin, restoring old backups.. anything i could think of to troubleshoot it.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Because i wasn't aware that it was a bug in the plugin

Not really, there was an option to show the error and stop when an error was otherwise detected in reading a plugin's devices.xml file but I fixed no bugs that resolved your issue, I just changed it so the the plugin would continue onward and upward.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:28 pm
durosity offline

How bizarre.

Well either way it's working now, much appreciated!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:07 pm
Liptrot offline

I am in the process of switching to the integrated plug in. I think I deleted everything...but when I go to enable HBB this happens:

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

v0.20 of plugin EPS - Homebridge Buddy is already installed and enabled

Feb 7, 2017, 2:02:17 PM
Disabling plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20"
Enabling plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20"
Starting plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20" (pid 933)

Feb 7, 2017, 2:02:43 PM
EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 25, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name pxssh

Stopping plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20" (pid 933)
Stopped plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.20"

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That error is saying that one of the folders in the plugin file is missing, which if you installed the EPS Homebridge Buddy.indigoPlugin that should not be the case because it's integrated.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:15 pm
Different Computers offline

Apologies in advance for the title case. iOS 11 seems to have a bug in the dictation set up.

I’m a Little Confused by The Main Release thread Compared to This. In The List of Changes For Various Versions, it Says That Home Bridge – Indigo is Now Rolled Into The Homebridge Buddy Plug-in. But This Topic Suggests That’s Not True. I Have Just Reinstalled Indigo on a “New“ Computer running 10.11. I would love some advice on best practices for getting home bridge and home bridge buddy back up and working. thanks!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.