Switching to new plugin issues

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:36 pm
durosity offline

Re: Switching to new plugin issues

Excellent I'll have a crack at getting that working after I've reconfigured the indigo devices accordingly :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:08 am
durosity offline

"Also, changes you make in the config will stick"

Just did a wee test with this in a config.json file in ~/home/.homebridge which has a homebridge-envisalink configured on it. If i then go into Indigo and add a camera and save the config it overwrites the envisalink settings. Is this currently intended?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

It should only be replacing the Camera-FFMPEG settings and leaving the other platforms and accessories alone. I did quit a bit of testing on this, I'm a little surprised that it's wiping out your platform configuration when you save a camera.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:29 am
durosity offline

Any logs you're aware of that may help pinpoint what's happening?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:55 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm going to do some testing with the homebridge-envisalink on the ~/.homebridge setup like you have, just so I can see apples to apples and reproduce the issue. I also use the Camera plugin so I'll let you know what I find. In the meantime just don't save your config via HBB and you should be OK, it won't overwrite it nearly as often now because nothing is tied to the custom server.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:03 am
durosity offline

No worries, in all fairness it's not a huge issue.. I just copy the section first then paste it back in after. I only realised something was up cos I was trying to find a way to get the camera plugin to recognise securityspy feeds. Now that's all done I don't have much need to change it.. until your next update that is :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm
blysik offline

Just another data point. I added some homebridge-envisalink platform config to ~/.homebridge/config.json, and then forced a reload of the custom homebridge server. It over-wrote my changes, and left me with only the camera configs. So I'm seeing the same behavior as durosity.

Posted on
Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I tracked down this issue and fixed the problem, it'll be in the next release.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:19 pm
durosity offline

Hmm, suddenly getting this error on loading the plugin after restarting the indigo server:

Code: Select all
 31 Dec 2016, 01:15:53
   Reloading plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.17"
   Starting plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.17" (pid 96221)
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Debug    Refreshing plugin information
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "plugin.py", line 60, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/eps.py", line 87, in loadLibs
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 58, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 551, in refresh
StandardError: LowLevelBadParameterError -- illegal character in XML tag name or value

Stopping plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.17" (pid 96221)
   Stopped plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.17"

to the best of my knowledge nothing has change in the indigo configuration. Unfortunately as soon as it starts up this message comes up and i lose the ability to turn on any form of debug that might be able to make it easier to identify whats causing it (i'm assuming it doesn't like a character on a device.. but it's not making it easy to identify which one!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 pm
durosity offline

Just restored a backup of the DB from a couple of days ago when i last restarted indigo and it's the exact same, so i don't think its an indigo DB issue.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 am
durosity offline

Hrm... something seems very wrong here. I've deleted the plugin, the preferences file, restored in a backup of the indigo DB from a week ago, deleted the homebridge devices, restarted the server and still when i load the plugin (a brand new copy from github) i'm still getting the same error messages. What could possibly be confusing it?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:36 am
nev offline

Did you already try to disable iFindStuff & Better Email plugins, then reload HBB? That worked for me, then I enabled them again after HBB was working.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:10 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I just posted an update that fixes the problem with retaining hand-entered changes into your ~/.homebridge configuration. I'm working on avoiding the errors with Better Email and iFindStuff so that becomes a non-issue in the future.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I just posted an update that fixes the problem with retaining hand-entered changes into your ~/.homebridge configuration. I'm working on avoiding the errors with Better Email and iFindStuff so that becomes a non-issue in the future.

What's the issue with BetterEmail?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:12 pm
durosity offline

Alas no joy, still getting the same errors with the new version:

Code: Select all
1 Jan 2017, 20:08:22
   Reloading plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.18"
   Starting plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.18" (pid 38449)
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "plugin.py", line 60, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/eps.py", line 87, in loadLibs
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 58, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 551, in refresh
StandardError: LowLevelBadParameterError -- illegal character in XML tag name or value

Stopping plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.18" (pid 38449)
   Stopped plugin "EPS - Homebridge Buddy 0.18"

I don't have iFindStuff or better email installed at present so it's neither of those. The only plugin i've changed in the last week has been the Ring.com plugin but disabled that and still exact same issues.

Computer says no.