Wrapper device error

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:44 am
ac4lt offline

Wrapper device error

This is for 0.14 RC 6.

I have a wrapper device that I've set up as a switch. The on and off operations map to action groups. The on and off states map to another device's on and off state. The status settings don't seem to be saved properly

Here's the before picture for the "on" state:
before.png
before.png (51.81 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

When I then go check the device settings either the On or Off status has lost the setting to the device it was using:
after.png
settings just after saving and reopening
after.png (49.78 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

Sometimes it shows up but usually it doesn't. It's usually the "on" side that has the problem but not always.

The device I'm using the status from is a Device Group from the Indigo Virtual Device.

The action group portion of the config seems to work fine. It's only the status side that seems to have problems. This is my first attempt with Wrapper devices so it's possible I'm doing something wrong but I think I've got it right. I enabled debugging in the HBB settings but don't see anything useful in the log that might help.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:56 am
ac4lt offline

Re: Wrapper device error

Using a variable for status seems to work fine. The issue seems confined to using a device. Tried using a wave device instead of a group device but that didn't change the behavior.

When using a device the wrapper device only seems to save on of the two status conditions so I can either get it the wrapper to transition to on or off but not back and forth.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:20 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce the issue. I know I have several wrappers that use a device for status, maybe something got messed up in the patch.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Can you send me a PM of the comprehensive support data dump along with which wrapper device is not saving the info? Be sure to take that data dump after changing it back to device status from variable otherwise I'll just see that you have a variable set up as the device state indication.

Thanks.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1