Nest Home Plugin units error

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:25 am
nev offline

Nest Home Plugin units error

Let me start with, thanks for this amazing addition to our toy collections!!! We really do all appreciate all of the plugin creators time and talents and don't say it enough.

Just one small thing i noticed. I use Celsius for Nest Home and when I have Siri change the temp, it cranks it up all the way. I think what it may be doing is hearing 21 decrees and setting it to 70 (21 Celsius is 70 Fahrenheit). Since my Nest is in Celsius, it wants to make it a sauna at 70 Celsius. It worked as it should just using the homebridge-Indigo plugin, so i think its specific to HBB.

I think we either need a Celsius/Fahrenheit setting in the config screen. In the mean time, where is the new location for the .json file that the HBB creates and uses? I'll have a look there if i can change it.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Nest Home Plugin units error

nev wrote:
I use Celsius for Nest Home and when I have Siri change the temp, it cranks it up all the way

I have noticed this as well and I'm not sure the cause of it just yet. Remember that HBB is only a means to get HB working, this may be a problem with HB or HB-Indigo. That being said, have you tried setting your HBB server to "show degrees in celsius"?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:54 am
nev offline

Yup, I actually switched back to HomeBridge-Indigo and disabled the HBB plugin and it worked correctly. I uninstalled it and re-installed plugin and then it worked incorrectly, so it HBB somehow.

Also, where can I find the new .json file created by HBB? If i can edit it directly, i may be able to flip it to C vs F.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You can flip it from C to F in the server configuration, no need to ever edit the config file directly if you are on RC6.

nev wrote:
Yup, I actually switched back to HomeBridge-Indigo and disabled the HBB plugin and it worked correctly. I uninstalled it and re-installed plugin and then it worked incorrectly, so it HBB somehow.

I don't know how that could be even remotely possible. HB-Indigo is the exact same, the only thing HBB does is write the configuration file. Even in the new version where HB-Indigo is bundled, HBB writes a config that HB-Indigo uses. How that Nest is controlled doesn't change based on HBB versus HB, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1