What's Next?

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

What's Next?

I have a lot of plans moving forward with HBB, a lot of what happened in RC6 released today was a long time the making and very complicated to implement. Currently I'm looking at a future version to be much like the Alexa Hue plugin where alias names can be added in a single device rather than a bunch of extra devices but HB-Indigo doesn't support this right now.

New user wizards and the like will be coming in a future version.

I know that I need to set up better defaults for some of the menu actions, that's on the list and hopefully the next release will address that. So much going on with RC6 that I just wanted to get it out the door before this change was implemented.

I'm thinking of incorporating strong HB plugins into the distributed build, this will eliminate the need to run a hand installed version of HB on your computer. The problem is that many of those plugins don't work well with the built-in HB so I have to really consider what makes the cut and what doesn't since I'll have to make sure I update and test all of those before each major release.

Any other suggestions for the plugin as it starts to move towards the final 1.0 release are welcome.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1