HBB won't initialize - help?

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm
nev offline

HBB won't initialize - help?

I have been running homebridge 2.0 and indigo-homebridge for a while (and loving it!) before the new HBB was created. I want to give HBB a whirl as it sounds exciting. I can't get it to initialize. Any help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all
   EPS - Homebridge Buddy Error    Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "plugin.py", line 55, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/eps.py", line 87, in loadLibs
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 58, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 543, in refresh
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 848, in _parseDevicesXML
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 966, in _parseConfigUINode
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/plugcache.py", line 643, in _getElementAttribute

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:23 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HBB won't initialize - help?

Try release ding the plugin and see if that fixes it. HBB is only looking for the port to be active on your already installed HB. If it still bombs please post your config.json file.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 pm
nev offline

Code: Select all
{
   "bridge": {
      "name": "Homebridge",
      "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
      "port": 51826,
      "pin": "031-45-154"
   },

"description": "This is an example configuration file to configure the Indigo platform plugin. See README.md for more details.",

"platforms": [
      {
         "platform": "Indigo",
         "name": "My Indigo Server",
         "protocol": "http",
         "host": "192.168.1.xxx",
         "port": "8176",
         "path": "",
         "username": "xxx",
         "password": "xxx",

"includeActions": false,
   "thermostatsInCelsius": true,
   "accessoryNamePrefix": "",
   "treatAsSwitchIds": [ "912571238"]
      }
   ],

"accessories": [

]

}

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Something doesn't seem right there, that config file does not appear to have been generated by HBB but is still the default config.json file. Can you try backing up the config.json file, then saving it through the HBB plugin and seeing if that changes anything? If not, post the new config here and I'll see if it's off.

Also, a new version that totally changes this is due to release very soon - probably the next day or two, so if you want to hold off until then that might work better for you since the new version of HBB will have HB-Indigo entirely integrated into it and won't be as persnickety (hopefully).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:13 pm
nev offline

Solved it!!! I installed the new plugin, but still same situation. The only options I got under the plugin were Disable, Reload & About... I looked through the logs and found 2 plugins that were interfering with it. iFindStuff & BetterEmail. I disabled them and HBB worked!

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's odd, I'll have to download those two and see what may be interfering, there shouldn't be anything.

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1