Enable HB experimental status update

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:53 pm
berkinet offline

Enable HB experimental status update

First, thanks for this plugin. And, now a question

In the HBB plugin configuration dialog, I see the option: Enable HB experimental status update

I didn't see anything about this option in the HB HB-I or HBB docs and when this is selected, I don't see any new directives in the config file. So, I was just wondering what it does?

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:04 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Enable HB experimental status update

Good catch :).

It's a test that I'm doing with Webdeck to get better status updates back and forth to Homebridge. HB only polls Indigo in intervals and if you turn a light off in Indigo it's not immediately reflected in your HomeKit app, this test was some API's that Webdeck built into HB-Indigo that lets me tell HB when something changed in Indigo.

Since we got to working on incorporating the entirety of HB and HB-Indigo into HBB we haven't spent much time working on this so it will come up again after I get that done. The reason why it is experimental is because it COULD cause lots of errors in Indigo if you have a version of HB-Indigo that doesn't yet honor that or if it's been disabled by Webdeck for now while we work on other stuff.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1