Homebridge Buddy and Homebridge

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Homebridge Buddy and Homebridge

[UPDATE] - Homebridge Buddy is now out of BETA and is fully self contained and ready for use, just install the plugin and you should be good to go. I'm leaving this topic here for reference.

I wanted to make a special thread just for this, but please remember that Homebridge Buddy is dependent upon Homebridge and Homebridge-Indigo being configured and operational first. In the near future I will be bundling Homebridge and Homebridge-Indigo (and perhaps Homebridge-iTunes and Homebridge-Camera) all into the plugin but for now this BETA does not have that.

You do NOT have to run it as a service daemon on your Mac but if you do not then you will have to stop and start Homebridge manually. If it's a service then you can use the plugin to restart it. Regardless you need to make sure you use the Plugin -> Homebridge Buddy menus to save your configuration (or if a service, save and restart).

This is the first wide release, there are plenty of things I need to tighten up in the documentation to make all of this clearer and I will as time goes by. This is the 12th release of this BETA so it's fairly tight but it is a little bit of a learning curve at the moment.

Tips & Tricks
==========
  • Don't forget that you can use Aliases and Wrappers to really do some cool stuff with HomeKit that were not available to you under just Homebridge-Indigo alone
  • Don't neglect to check the PLUGIN SETTINGS because there are some things in there to check out (Plugin Menu -> Homebridge Buddy -> Configure)
  • Back up your json.config file before you run HBB as a safety precaution. HBB will take over ALL control of this file and wipe out your stuff! Of course it may not matter because it's purpose is to make adding your Indigo stuff in there much easier.
  • Don't forget that this is BETA - a stable BETA but BETA nonetheless, there are still a few T's to cross and I's to dot

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1