Plugin doesn't see Homebridge

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:58 am
durosity offline

Re: Plugin doesn't see Homebridge

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Unfortunately not. The aliases are not just arbitrary, they are this way because Homebridge gets the device names from Indigo, it's not a special "alias" field or anything like that.

Ah of course, i forget it gets the names from the restful interface doesn't it? Never mind!

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
To each their own, for me I have quite a few of them and they don't bother me. As I make HBB the core of my Indigo world I'm writing things into my other plugins that lets you ignore all the allies devices if you want so they don't show up on lists.

Clever!

I suppose thinking about it if homebridge does get its info from restful then in theory the global property manager could assign a "Friendly" name that homebridge-indigo could be modified to read instead of the original device name. I'll pester webdeck about that ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The problem is that the restful isn't going to pull information from anywhere that could be used to home an alias. You can say "special character in the description" or something but that won't really help. Short of having a field designated for the purpose, alias devices are the only answer right now.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:28 am
durosity offline

Ah yes i recall now that M&J were planning to extend that to pull that information through some day.. one of their exceptionally big wishlist items.

Well one can only hope for the future. Not that it's a major issue or anything.. although some have i've never had the issue with homekit losing names/rooms. Luck i guess.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
i've never had the issue with homekit losing names/rooms. Luck i guess.

Yes, it is! I've lost names/rooms at least a dozen times. I know how to avoid it better now so it happens very infrequently but still happens now and then.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:26 pm
durosity offline

Well hopefully my good luck will hold :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.