HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

jrickmd wrote:
did the conversion from HBB and had some actions come over that I had not had in HBB. Didn't recognize any patterns to why it might have happened. Easy enough to fix with the delete option.

Given the nature of how that HBB migration works, I think that you may have just been unaware of them. The migration not only looks at the server and anything that was added directly there, but also if you used any Wrappers or Aliases too. I just looked at the code and the loop doesn't wander past those two points so I bet it's something that was hanging out there that you forgot about.

jrickmd wrote:
my temperature sensors / thermostats were showing weird temps in home. Around 160s as current temp with a range of 71-95 as the heat / cool settings

That's a Fahrenheit-Celsius conversion issue that I didn't really handle in the migration. I'll see if I can do something about that, but the way HKB handles the conversion is a bit different than how HBB handled it and that got lost in translation apparently. The fix for this is to first make sure the server options are set to the measurement of your choice, but then you also need to edit each temperature sensing device on the list and make sure the checkbox for converting from Fahrenheit is checked or not depending on your preference.

jrickmd wrote:
I never realized how much I missed HomeKit until I got a HomePod and HBB. HKB makes it even BETTER!

Glad you are getting use from it! Once HomePod dropped and I could "Hey Siri" through my house again without the slowness of my watch or carrying my phone I knew it was time to rewrite HBB to be better ;).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Beta 17.3 is now available as a pre-release (click to download) and 17.2 was changed from pre-release to live and is now on the plugin store.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 pm
mortenkols offline

Trying to add devices with Ø in the name, then i get this error and the device does not show up in home app on iphone.
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2018-03-15 kl. 21.52.23.png
Skjermbilde 2018-03-15 kl. 21.52.23.png (60.63 KiB) Viewed 2534 times
Skjermbilde 2018-03-15 kl. 21.51.56.png
Skjermbilde 2018-03-15 kl. 21.51.56.png (42.5 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mortenkols wrote:
Trying to add devices with Ø in the name, then i get this error and the device does not show up in home app on iphone.

That's the bane of my existence with plugins... I put out a pre-release today that addressed that in non-plugin device updates and I just knew when I pushed it that it would rear it's ugly head in some other area of the code.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm
mortenkols offline

I have tried beta 17.3 and its the same problem there.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mortenkols wrote:
I have tried beta 17.3 and its the same problem there.

That was only a partial problem fix, I'm about to release 17.4 that should squash it entirely. In fact I used your exact naming example to flush out the unicode errors so I expect your issue to resolve at the very least :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, 17.4 is released (click to download) and this should squash the non ASCII issue. It's very possible that there may be a few here and there to still fix (it was several hundred lines of code fixes, easy to miss a few) but I'll tackle them as they come up.

Plugin Store Notice
It's been suggested that I pull the plugin from the Plugin Store since it's in Beta and that the beta's should remain on Git as pre-releases and not be added to the store until final and I've agreed to that. So from now on all releases will only be on Git until the current projected release date of April 27, 2018.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:05 pm
Monstergerm offline

Action Groups

New to this plugin. Amazing, great work. I got some devices setup and working.

However, Action Groups don't work at all. Even a simple one with no device specified causes error:

Exception in homekit.run line 2208: local variable 'obj' referenced before assignment
CODE: if not obj is None and type(obj) == indigo.DimmerDevice and obj.pluginId == "com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.HueLights":

[MODERATOR NOTE]: Moved this to the beta forum. Please note that all topics, as per the first post of this announcement, should be posted here during the beta testing. Thank you.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Monstergerm wrote:
However, Action Groups don't work at all. Even a simple one with no device specified causes error:

Exception in homekit.run line 2208: local variable 'obj' referenced before assignment
CODE: if not obj is None and type(obj) == indigo.DimmerDevice and obj.pluginId == "com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.HueLights":

Fixed for the next release.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:59 pm
Monstergerm offline

Security Device

I am controlling my DSC security system with Envisalink4 and the DSC Plugin.

I setup my Alarm Keypad Device with HomeKit Bridge. It shows up fine, shows alarm status correct. I can disarm and arm by clicking on the device tile in Home app.

Two problems:
1) While arming, during the exit delay period, the HKB plugin times out. The device tile eventually refreshes with the correct alarm state in the Home app.

HomeKit Bridge Error Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'SecuritySystemTargetState' HomeKit characteristic for 'DSC Alarm Keypad Casita' (HomeKit device 'DSC Alarm Keypad Casita'), aborting attempt. This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).

2) Siri refuses to control this device. Claims she cannot control security devices.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Monstergerm wrote:
1) While arming, during the exit delay period, the HKB plugin times out. The device tile eventually refreshes with the correct alarm state in the Home app.

All of the DSC stuff was done totally in the blind, I'll make a note of this to investigate. I don't have a DSC system and I'm a bit surprised this didn't wash out in private beta since half of the folks seemed to have this and it's why I put the limited support in the plugin in the first place.

Monstergerm wrote:
2) Siri refuses to control this device. Claims she cannot control security devices.

Blame Siri, I can't do anything about that one. If you are trying to do it from your HomePod you cannot do any security related things, she'll tell you to do it on your tablet or phone so you can be authenticated. The way to get around this would be to set up a switch but I don't know that will work with DSC unless it has a standard on/off ability.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

As much as it pains me to release thrice in a single day, Beta 17.5 is out (click to download) and I strongly recommend you update to it since the plugin is coming off the plugin store. It's not a huge deal, you'll get an error on startup and an error at 10am each day but that's it, however you might as well avoid it if you can.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Shavano offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Shavano wrote:
Sort of feels like being on the wrong end of the "Did you plug it in?" solution. Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working great. I'll test it and report any issues.

The problem still shouldn't have come up, regardless of which end of "did you plug it in", but that's why it's public beta instead of a formal release so I can try to identify issues like that. Did you have Homebridge Buddy before this or was this a fresh install without ever having used HomeKit before?

This was a fresh install. However, I had previously installed Homebridge, then Homebridge Buddy, and had nothing but problems. I was troubleshooting it, but then I removed them when there were the reports of problems and was waiting for your release of the public beta of HomeKit Bridge to reinstall.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:08 pm
tadg offline

I am seeing the same error message, and it is refusing to start. Going back to basics, do I need to install Homebridge (the nodejs sw) ? Awhile ago I had installed it, along with the homebridge-indigo plugin, but it wasn't stable and I didn't have the time to fuss with it then, so it got deleted.

Tad

Shavano wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Shavano wrote:
Sort of feels like being on the wrong end of the "Did you plug it in?" solution. Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working great. I'll test it and report any issues.

The problem still shouldn't have come up, regardless of which end of "did you plug it in", but that's why it's public beta instead of a formal release so I can try to identify issues like that. Did you have Homebridge Buddy before this or was this a fresh install without ever having used HomeKit before?

This was a fresh install. However, I had previously installed Homebridge, then Homebridge Buddy, and had nothing but problems. I was troubleshooting it, but then I removed them when there were the reports of problems and was waiting for your release of the public beta of HomeKit Bridge to reinstall.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:27 pm
tadg offline

Ok, replying to my own question, yes, installing homebridge seems to help a lot......

sudo npm install --unsafe-perm mdns
sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm homebridge seemed to do the trick.

So, my beta feedback would be a check to see if homebridge is there and log appropriately on startup.

Off to add devices and organize my rooms.

T

[quote="tadg"]I am seeing the same error message, and it is refusing to start. Going back to basics, do I need to install Homebridge (the nodejs sw) ? Awhile ago I had installed it, along with the homebridge-indigo plugin, but it wasn't stable and I didn't have the time to fuss with it then, so it got deleted.

Tad