HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 pm
spiv offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Release Candidate Testing Open

My only 2c is to debug/test without using Siri. Consider Siri as an overlay/front-end to HomeKit that adds extra confusion (Siri has it's own naming conflicts, sometimes responds differently when you issue the exact same command, works differently without warning as Apple updates the back-end AI, etc.)

If things work in HomeKit, then you can separately deal with the challenges of trying to control them with voice via Siri w/o wondering if the underlying device or bridge is not working properly.

Do your testing/working with Apple's HomeKit app, but also be sure and use the 3rd party "Home" app by Hochgatterer @brutella (well worth the money) - that app exposes more of the underlying HomeKit structure and provides more options for configuring HomeKit automations.

Sure, you're using Indigo and HomeBridge to keep using the more advanced automations and capability in Indigo instead, but there are times when you will want to see a little more "under the hood" of HomeKit and the "Home" app will do that.

For me, I use HomeKit as a GeoFence input to Indigo. I have an Indigo variable mapped to an Indigo virtual device which is then exposed to HomeKit and have configured a HomeKit automation to update the virtual device (on or off) when I enter or leave my home. This gives me an easy way to write all kinds of conditional stuff in Indigo based on GeoFence status. Much better than the Wi-Fi hacks or using IFTTT/Stringify Geofence-to-email glue.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 am
rehafer offline

Yep, there are a lot of links in the Indigo-Homekit chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:26 am
jalves offline

spiv wrote:
For me, I use HomeKit as a GeoFence input to Indigo. I have an Indigo variable mapped to an Indigo virtual device which is then exposed to HomeKit and have configured a HomeKit automation to update the virtual device (on or off) when I enter or leave my home. This gives me an easy way to write all kinds of conditional stuff in Indigo based on GeoFence status. Much better than the Wi-Fi hacks or using IFTTT/Stringify Geofence-to-email glue.

Interesting! I'm going to have to try this out.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am
spiv offline

jalves wrote:
spiv wrote:

Interesting! I'm going to have to try this out.

You don't have to use both a virtual device and an Indigo variable. I do that because it matches the way I have other things set. You can't expose a variable to HomeKit, so you have to at least use a virtual device.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

spiv wrote:
You can't expose a variable to HomeKit

Yet. I'm working on that.

spiv wrote:
so you have to at least use a virtual device.

That's what I do. I have a variable referenced by a virtual relay device, the virtual relay is in HomeKit as a switch that I bury into an 'Admin' room and I use the HomeKit geofencing to turn that on or off, which then triggers actions in indigo.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:51 pm
rehafer offline

I have a Fibaro FGRGBWM led controller. Is it possible now, or maybe in the near future, to map that to a color changing light via HomeKit Bridge? Presets are easy in Indigo but on the fly changes, not so much.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I would need the simulation data to see what can be done. Color is a bit tricky.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 pm
rehafer offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I would need the simulation data to see what can be done. Color is a bit tricky.

When I get some time off, I’ll hook it back up and take a look.

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 am
nydave offline

Siri with Homekit

First off thanks for the great plugin. I installed and setup today and have a couple question maybe someone can help with.
I see device type switch but not dimmer. I select device type switch but i dont seem to be able to dimm my lights only on/off.

Second issue i am having is when i tell siri to turn light on or off she says ok and status changes in home kit app but it doesn't perform action in indigo. i can control devices with homekit app but voice commands aren't working. Anyone else experience this?

My son is legally blind and can only see if ALL lights are on in a room. i just got him an apple watch so being able to tell siri to turn lights on and off would be key for him and the reason for all the investment in home automation. I use Alexa today but prefer to use Siri as we are an apple household.
Thanks

[MODERATOR NOTE]: Moved this to the current testing thread.

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

nydave wrote:
First off thanks for the great plugin.

You're welcome :wink:

nydave wrote:
I see device type switch but not dimmer.

The dimmer is called a Lightbulb, change your type to that in Indigo and it will allow dim.

nydave wrote:
Second issue i am having is when i tell siri to turn light on or off she says ok and status changes in home kit app but it doesn't perform action in indigo

That's pretty unusual if your switch is a standard Indigo on/off device considering between all of using this there must be a thousand switches being used right now. Please open a ticket on Git for this (see first post for links to git) and follow the instructions to do a simulation of your device as well as output the HB log.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am
nydave offline

lightbulb did the trick. ill post other issue on Git. thanks

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:37 pm
vtmikel offline

C4W,

Rock solid performance here mostly. A potential bug and suggestion:

I find it horribly confusing to figure out which devices need to invert the state. I think contact sensors generally are? Is there a way in the add device box that you could tell the user what the current state is currently, and how that will translate to the HomeKit device? Also, I have trouble getting the device to switch states by editing, changing the invert state, and saving. It doesn’t seem to be recognized in the home app. I have to delete the device, save, re-add, save again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:43 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

vtmikel wrote:
I find it horribly confusing to figure out which devices need to invert the state. I think contact sensors generally are?

That's up to you to decide. Regardless of what does or does not already (yes, contact sensors are opposite, not inverted, of a switch - inverted is your override to invert whatever it already is), if you sync to HomeKit and On is Off and Off is On then you probably need to edit and invert to fix the problem. Invert only works with devices that support On/Off, such as relays and dimmers.

vtmikel wrote:
Is there a way in the add device box that you could tell the user what the current state is currently, and how that will translate to the HomeKit device

All devices are normal except contact sensors.

vtmikel wrote:
Also, I have trouble getting the device to switch states by editing, changing the invert state, and saving. It doesn’t seem to be recognized in the home app

Then you may not be refreshing the Home app because as soon as you make a change of any kind the server is restarted and as soon as you see that it's available in the Indigo log (or via the status of the device in the UI) then it's being actively published to HomeKit. HomeKit doesn't refresh instantly, you may need to quit Home and come back. As someone who starts and stops HomeKit constantly for development I can tell you the easiest way to force a refresh is to create a new home and don't add any accessories to it, that way if you need to refresh your main home you simply switch to the empty one and switch back to your main home, this will force an immediate refresh. If you don't do this then it will update but it might take a minute or two to show the changes. This is all dependent on how many devices you have.

For example, on my main home with 300+ devices if I invert something then I may have to refresh as stated to get it to show up right away (or just wait a minute). On my testing home it refreshes almost instantly because I have only a couple of switches, I don't need to switch to a blank home to refresh (although I typically do out of habit and it still makes it a bit faster).

vtmikel wrote:
It doesn’t seem to be recognized in the home app. I have to delete the device, save, re-add, save again.

The only reason you see that as working is because HomeKit has to refresh the device as the result of one being removed and a new one being added. Be a bit more patient.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 am
jens offline

Hello,

Have moved, indigo to another computer, got a lot of errors in the log, from home kit deleted all devices and restarted, no errors :)
installed a device, and put in 3 lamps and it started up fine, but can not get it in homekit

2018-04-29 13:42:05.515 HomeKit Bridge {
"platforms": [
{
"protocol": "http",
"name": "HomeKit Bridge Server",
"listenPort": "8446",
"platform": "Indigo2",
"host": "127.0.0.1",
"debug": false,
"serverId": 1442273350,
"port": "8558"
}
],
"bridge": {
"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:10",
"name": "new device",
"pin": "031-45-154",
"port": "51830"
},
"accessories": [],
"description": "HomeKit configuration generated by HomeKit Bridge on 2018-04-29 13:40:23.339000 for device new device"
}
2018-04-29 13:42:05.583 HomeKit Bridge {
{
"protocol": "http",
"name": "HomeKit Bridge Server",
"listenPort": "8446",
"platform": "Indigo2",
"host": "127.0.0.1",
"debug": false,
"serverId": 1442273350,
"port": "8558"
}
],
"bridge": {
"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:10",
"name": "new device",
"pin": "031-45-154",
"port": "51830"
},
"accessories": [],
"description": "HomeKit configuration generated by HomeKit Bridge on 2018-04-29 13:40:23.339000 for device new device"

//Jens

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 am
jens offline

Have moved, indigo to another computer, got a lot of errors in the log, from home kit deleted all devices and restarted, no errors :)
installed a device, and put in 3 lamps and it started up fine, but can not get it in homekit

2018-04-29 13:42:05.515 HomeKit Bridge {

Solved I changed HB username from CC:22:3D:E3:CE:10 to CC:22:3D:E3:CE:11 now Homekit in my ipad find the server .

:D

//Jens

Page 20 of 25 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25