HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am
berkinet offline

Moving along

Ok... new issues. I have several temperature sensors, of different types. But, all are created in Indigo as devices and display the current temp in Celsius as the states "state" and "temperature." HomeKit Bridge Server Option is set as "Thermostats are Celsius." However, in HomeKit, all the temps display as -1.0 I have the same issue with humidity and light sensors.

And, my gate control. I have created a Virtual Device that operates a momentary contact Action to control the gate. To track the state of the gate, I have a variable setup. Its value is either open or closed. The Virtual Device interprets closed as off and open as on. Basically, I am simulating successive presses on a single button remote control. In HKB I have selected the Virtual Device as a Garage Door and called it the gate and set the state as inverted. In general it works, except, whenever I restart HKB, the gate in HK changes its state to open, even though the Virtual Device is off and the gate is closed. I used the garage door so I can say "open the gate" I think the HK service should startup in the right state but can't seem to get it to do that.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Please open separate tickets on Git for these things, it's too much to try to work through on the forums.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am
joesan offline

C4W - thanks for your suggestions, alas it's still not starting. May I just ask two questions here and then I'll add a GIT entry as you've requested we do?

1. I noticed that I don't have a config.json in the homebridge folder mentioned in the log. Does that not get set up as part of the process?
  2. Is the server supposed to be at 031-45-154 | 51828 or 031-45-154 @ 51826 a la Homebridge Buddy?

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

joesan wrote:
I noticed that I don't have a config.json in the homebridge folder mentioned in the log. Does that not get set up as part of the process?

There's the problem, without that file it won't even try to start. Kill that folder and restart the plugin and see if it recreates. The next update coming out today does some sanity checks on that and will hopefully build it dynamically if something is missing.

joesan wrote:
Is the server supposed to be at 031-45-154 | 51828 or 031-45-154 @ 51826 a la Homebridge Buddy?

Those are the same thing essentially. The first part is the code you enter into HomeKit and the second is the port the server is running on - the ports shouldn't be the same.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 pm
joesan offline

That sounds very promising! Will try that with the new release later today.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:02 pm
bsp9493 offline

Once again, I just want to say WOW!

I have been adding more and more of my devices and action groups with ease. I hate to say it but this is almost TOO easy :)

GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!

Unless, I totally misunderstand the process... the nice thing is, (with the exception of using Siri for the voice translations - I keep "Hey Siri" - OFF) its ALL LOCAL ON MY SYSTEM, and NOT exposed on the WEB. Yes, I am a little bit paranoid - haha :)

Thanx again for this!

d

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
Once again, I just want to say WOW!

I have been adding more and more of my devices and action groups with ease. I hate to say it but this is almost TOO easy

GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!

LOL, glad it's working out for you!

bsp9493 wrote:
ALL LOCAL ON MY SYSTEM, and NOT exposed on the WEB

Yes, except Siri is, of course, in the cloud. The true test of that is to shut down your Internet and use the Home app to control something and you will quickly see that nothing lives in the cloud, it's only used to translate what you ask Siri into a match to HomeKit devices.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:54 pm
Colly offline

Hi C4W,

Firstly well done on HKB - I managed to set it up without a whimper of a problem - that's an achievement as I normally attract or create problems.. :roll:
I successfully migrated my devices over from HBB however I have a minor problem with my thermostats. Similar to user @siclark I'm using Heatmiser Neo stats with @racarter's plugin. While the Home App displays the correct temp and follows the status of the actual stat it doesn't allow me to change the set point. I get the following:
Code: Select all
 HomeKit Bridge Error            Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'TargetTemperature' HomeKit characteristic for 'Sitting Room' (HomeKit device 'Sitting Room'), aborting attempt.  This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).
I contacted @siclark and he is having the same issue however it did work in a previous release.
Let me know if you'd like me to open a ticket on GitHub or if you need any further info.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:41 pm
durosity offline

Anyone else having issues with cameras/scenes disappearing when any changes are made to the HKB server devices? I seem to be able to replicate it when removing a device not associated to those items.. Home app reloads itself and then the items are gone!

Also I didn’t realise until just a moment ago you can view your camera feeds on the Apple Watch! How cool is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Colly wrote:
Hi C4W,

Firstly well done on HKB - I managed to set it up without a whimper of a problem - that's an achievement as I normally attract or create problems.. :roll:
I successfully migrated my devices over from HBB however I have a minor problem with my thermostats. Similar to user @siclark I'm using Heatmiser Neo stats with @racarter's plugin. While the Home App displays the correct temp and follows the status of the actual stat it doesn't allow me to change the set point. I get the following:
Code: Select all
 HomeKit Bridge Error            Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'TargetTemperature' HomeKit characteristic for 'Sitting Room' (HomeKit device 'Sitting Room'), aborting attempt.  This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).
I contacted @siclark and he is having the same issue however it did work in a previous release.
Let me know if you'd like me to open a ticket on GitHub or if you need any further info.

I think opening a ticket on Git is the best route so we can try to figure this out.

durosity wrote:
Also I didn’t realise until just a moment ago you can view your camera feeds on the Apple Watch! How cool is that?

LOL, you just figured that out?

durosity wrote:
Anyone else having issues with cameras/scenes disappearing when any changes are made to the HKB server devices?

Speaking as someone with 16 cameras and is probably changing the now 12 HKB servers so much that your head would spin... no, it's you ;).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:54 pm
siclark offline

durosity wrote:
Anyone else having issues with cameras/scenes disappearing when any changes are made to the HKB server devices?

Speaking as someone with 16 cameras and is probably changing the now 12 HKB servers so much that your head would spin... no, it's you ;).[/quote]

I am also having issues with cameras. I think the same, when I last updated the server 2 days ago my camera feeds stopped updating until I reloaded there plugin today

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:55 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

siclark wrote:
I am also having issues with cameras. I think the same, when I last updated the server 2 days ago my camera feeds stopped updating until I reloaded there plugin today

How many servers are you running and how many cameras?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:03 pm
siclark offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
siclark wrote:

How many servers are you running and how many cameras?

1 server 2 cameras for now.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm not sure why that would happen. I mean, if anyone was going to have out of this world strangeness with homeKit I would expect it to be me with as much as I've poked and prodded it over the past two months.

Dur, didn't you do some tweaking to your cameras after that Git thread? That could be part of the issue too, you could try returning to 300 bitrate and 1316 packet size.

Check Them Out Here

Page 9 of 25 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25