HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Homebridge doesn’t need to be installed, it’s included in the plugin. Are you thinking of a different plugin?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 am
GRWilde offline

I currently have been using Homebridge installed on a Rasberry Pi with Homebridge-Indigo. This was a fairly complicated setup, but it worked well. This evening I installed your HomeKit Bridge and set it up to replicate what I previously had on Homebridge running on my Rasberry Pi. The installation and setup was quick and smooth, and the resulting server so far works flawlessly. It works so well that I deinstalled my Rasberry Pi Homebridge. Congratulations on a well designed and very impressive plugin.

George Wilde

George Wilde

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 am
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Monstergerm wrote:
1) While arming, during the exit delay period, the HKB plugin times out. The device tile eventually refreshes with the correct alarm state in the Home app

I've not noticed this myself and i'm using the DSC plugin via a IT-100 but i doubt that'd make a difference. I'll see if i can replicate it when i get home. I have, however, noticed that DSC motion sensors don't seem to trigger when motion is detected. I'll post it as an issue on github when i get home with a dump of the simulation data.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:23 am
durosity offline

I'm curious as to what your plans are for the security camera option in HBK. In my tiny little mind i'd love to see it be able to read devices from the Security Camera and CynicalSecuritySpy plugins and make them available to view in Home, but i can imagine that'd be quite an feat (especially as the Cynical plugin doesn't even give a feed url option at present). Security cameras are the last area of my home that i've not yet been able to integrate into Homekit. I did briefly have some luck with the HBB option and getting it to view a SecuritySpy feed, but something changed and it never got past stating it was 'Loading'. All later endeavours failed miserably!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

GRWilde wrote:
It works so well that I deinstalled my Rasberry Pi Homebridge.

That's fantastic news, I'm really glad it's working. I didn't do anything special fo the Pi but plan to as I would like to start looking at that solution in my own HA systems.

durosity wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Monstergerm wrote:
1) While arming, during the exit delay period, the HKB plugin times out. The device tile eventually refreshes with the correct alarm state in the Home app

I've not noticed this myself and i'm using the DSC plugin via a IT-100 but i doubt that'd make a difference. I'll see if i can replicate it when i get home. I have, however, noticed that DSC motion sensors don't seem to trigger when motion is detected. I'll post it as an issue on github when i get home with a dump of the simulation data.

Yea, if it's not refreshing then there's a callback missing somewhere and it's likely because we are not looking to the specific DSC state that changes. If you get me a data dump I can figure out what that is.

durosity wrote:
I'm curious as to what your plans are for the security camera option in HBK.

It's in active development now, it should be operational soon.

durosity wrote:
In my tiny little mind i'd love to see it be able to read devices from the Security Camera and CynicalSecuritySpy plugins

That's been my goal since day 1 as well. I'm not positive that it can be done because both need to have an RTSP output stream but that's been my dream too. One way or the other cameras will be in the plugin.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Please don't forget that the plugin is no longer on the Plugin Store, and while this won't cause any problems you will get a couple of minor errors as a result if you are not on Beta 17.5 (click to download) or greater.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:52 am
Monstergerm offline

I/O Linc error
I am controlling drapes with two I/O Lincs, both setup in momentary mode. One triggers the closing, the other triggers the opening. There is no feedback with this installation for whether drapes are closed or open.

First, do I have to select the garage door option? I don't really like to have the garage door icon in my Home app for drapes. I do not see any appropriate device for momentary relay activation.

Second, the log sends out an error after a while:
HomeKit Bridge Error Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'TargetDoorState' HomeKit characteristic for 'Drapes Master Bedroom CLOSE' (HomeKit device 'Drapes Master Bedroom CLOSE'), aborting attempt. This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:54 am
Different Computers offline

GRWilde wrote:
The installation and setup was quick and smooth, and the resulting server so far works flawlessly. It works so well that I deinstalled my Rasberry Pi Homebridge.

Just a thought on what to do with that Pi left unused. I've just about given up on commercial low-end cameras and I'm really thinking about this--though I've yet to do anything with a Pi.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm
Monstergerm offline

durosity wrote:

I got DSC motion sensors, door and window contacts to work BUT only if you select the "Switch" device in HKB. Selecting Sensor, Door, Window does not work.

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Monstergerm wrote:
I/O Linc error
I am controlling drapes with two I/O Lincs, both setup in momentary mode. One triggers the closing, the other triggers the opening. There is no feedback with this installation for whether drapes are closed or open.

First, do I have to select the garage door option? I don't really like to have the garage door icon in my Home app for drapes. I do not see any appropriate device for momentary relay activation.

Second, the log sends out an error after a while:
HomeKit Bridge Error Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'TargetDoorState' HomeKit characteristic for 'Drapes Master Bedroom CLOSE' (HomeKit device 'Drapes Master Bedroom CLOSE'), aborting attempt. This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).

IOLinc's are not supported for anything other than garage doors primarily at the moment because the way they work for each application can be vastly different. If you look at the definition of this on the HKB wiki you'll see that IO linc doesn't map at all to curtains - so that's why it doesn't work.

Given all of that, because your drapes are momentary then you'll almost certainly have to wrap that IO into something more compatible to make it work. I have a similar curtain controller that moves the drapes when on and stops them when off, no positions, and I've written a wrapper to make that work smoother with HomeKit. It'll be in Device Extensions but it isn't designed for your exact application.

The only thing that currently comes to mind - because I'm not going to write an IO linc wrapper for a while yet (but it is coming) - would be to try to control it with action groups and then link the action groups into something that will wrap them. That being said you could also quite easily accomplish this with Homebridge Buddy wrappers (they will work with HKB) because you can pretty much tell it everything it needs to do to open and to close and you can classify them as curtains in HKB ;).

For ALL things that don't work, I can tell you that you can get them to work with HBB wrappers, I consider that the most useful device type I've ever written - even if I have plans to improve upon the limitations it has.

Monstergerm wrote:
I got DSC motion sensors, door and window contacts to work BUT only if you select the "Switch" device in HKB. Selecting Sensor, Door, Window does not work.

If you go to the HomeKit device references on the HKB wiki and do a search for 'dscAlarm', you'll see the exact places where a DSC is supported, there are a handful. This is one plugin that I'm hard coding into HKB so so long as I have the precise definition for what state or attribute to look at for each characteristic then it can be made to work within a single release quite easily.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

mortenkols wrote:
Trying to add devices with Ø in the name, then i get this error and the device does not show up in home app on iphone.

mortenkols, can you confirm for me that this issue is resolved for you? I'm 99.9% certain it is but I don't think there are many users right now using those non-ascii characters so I wanted to see if my mass overhaul of outputs did the trick ;).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm
Monstergerm offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Monstergerm wrote:
Monstergerm wrote:

If you go to the HomeKit device references on the HKB wiki and do a search for 'dscAlarm', you'll see the exact places where a DSC is supported, there are a handful. This is one plugin that I'm hard coding into HKB so so long as I have the precise definition for what state or attribute to look at for each characteristic then it can be made to work within a single release quite easily.

Here is the output for the DSC motion sensor zone. All zones work the same way whether they are door, window, motion etc. They are closed, open or tripped. I could get HKB to work with those zones only if I select "Switch" as device.

Interactive Shell address :
batteryLevel : None
buttonGroupCount : 0
configured : True
description :
deviceTypeId : alarmZone
displayStateId : state
displayStateImageSel : MotionSensor
displayStateValRaw : closed
displayStateValUi : closed
enabled : True
energyAccumBaseTime : None
energyAccumTimeDelta : None
energyAccumTotal : None
energyCurLevel : None
errorState :
folderId : 1624294118
globalProps : MetaProps : (dict)
com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm : (dict)
Elem : (string)
occupancyGroup : 0 (integer)
var : None (empty)
zoneLogChanges : false (bool)
zoneNumber : 5 (string)
zonePartition : 1 (string)
zoneType : zoneTypeMotion (string)
id : 1496112636
lastChanged : 2018-03-16 11:32:28
lastSuccessfulComm : 2018-03-16 11:32:28
model : Alarm Zone
name : 05. Office Hall Motion
ownerProps : com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm : (dict)
Elem : (string)
occupancyGroup : 0 (integer)
var : None (empty)
zoneLogChanges : false (bool)
zoneNumber : 5 (string)
zonePartition : 1 (string)
zoneType : zoneTypeMotion (string)
pluginId : com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm
pluginProps : emptyDict : (dict)
protocol : Plugin
remoteDisplay : True
states : States : (dict)
LastChangedShort : 18m (string)
LastChangedTimer : 18 (integer)
bypass : nobypass (string)
bypass.bypassed : false (bool)
bypass.nobypass : true (bool)
state : closed (string)
state.closed : true (bool)
state.open : false (bool)
state.tripped : false (bool)
subModel :
supportsAllLightsOnOff : False
supportsAllOff : False
supportsStatusRequest : False
version : None

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:52 pm
jmdraper offline

Brand new to HomeKit so never had HBB installed before. Just installed HomeKit Bridge and created first server device per the quick start guide. Added my first device (a light controlled by a fibaro) to the server device per the quick start guide. Having clicked save, the server device shows status as 'Stopped'. I had left the auto-start server checkbox marked so that was first sign of trouble. Tried hitting the Turn On button, status went to 'starting' for a few secs then back to 'Stopped'. The logs say:

Code: Select all
16 Mar 2018 at 18:40:19
   Error                           device "new device" state key onOffState not defined
   Error                           device "new device" state key onOffState not defined
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 877: 'key includedDevices not found in dict'
                      CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(serverProps["includedDevices"])

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'new device' has changed ports or users, validating config
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'new device'

The plugin sounds amazing if only I can get past step 1, so any help gratefully received.

Thanks!
Jon

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:03 pm
jmdraper offline

In case it helps, I deleted the server device, turned on Debug logging in the plugin settings, then created a new server device and added first device to it exactly as per quick start guide. The logs show:

Code: Select all
16 Mar 2018 at 19:01:19
   HomeKit Bridge Debug            Plugin device 'new device' configuration field changed
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 877: 'key includedDevices not found in dict'
                      CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(serverProps["includedDevices"])

HomeKit Bridge Debug            Downstairs hall light started as a HomeKit Lightbulb
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'new device' has changed ports or users, validating config

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jmdraper wrote:
In case it helps, I deleted the server device, turned on Debug logging in the plugin settings, then created a new server device and added first device to it exactly as per quick start guide. The logs show:

Those logs all indicate that the server device was not saved or has no devices. Can you delete your server, recreate it and be sure to add a couple devices and see what happens?

Check Them Out Here

Page 4 of 25 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25