HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 pm
ZachBenz offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
You need to restart the plugin, it’s a known issue and is at the top of the known issues on the release notes.

Yeah, I noticed that in the notes a few seconds after I posted. :-) It looks like the config doesn't get saved to the Users home directory before that plugin reload... I'm investigating.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 am
Coolcaper offline

On v0.7.0

Created a server called HomeKit. Added devices. Restarted plugin cause it was initial install. HomeKit server running. Attempting to create another server called HomeKit2 and I get this in the log:

Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use
   Schedule                        Time Update
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_772525471 for "new device"
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'new device' has changed ports or users, validating config
   HomeKit Bridge Warning          Attempted to verify a null port on portIsOpen, this shouldn't happen.
   HomeKit Bridge Warning          Attempted to verify a null port on portIsOpen, this shouldn't happen.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Rebuilding configuration for 'new device'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'new device'
   SQL Logger                      adding column "onoffstate_ui" to table device_history_772525471 ("new device")
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request UiGetValues2
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runDialogForDevice() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

17 Feb 2018 at 3:48:00 pm
   Schedule                        Time Update
   HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'new device' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'new device'
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Motion Sensor" status update is off
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'new device' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'HomeKit2' is not currently running, the configuration has been saved and will be used the next time this server starts
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues2 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

However, once created, the second server is running.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:31 am
autolog offline

Running Airfoil Pro :)
Got this error, when using a "Light Bulb" to control my HomePod via Airfoil (HK-B Speaker):
HomeKit Bridge Error Exception in homekit.run line 1417: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'dict'
CODE: self.logger.error ("Maximum time exceeded while setting the '{}' HomeKit characteristic for '{}' (HomeKit device '{}'), aborting attempt. This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).".format(self.characteristic, indigo.devices[int(devId)].name, indigo.devices[int(objId)].name))

It did work briefly but the HomePod kept on disconnecting from Airfoil when I changed the light bulb "volume" slider in the Home App.
Doing the same using the Airfoil App works OK.

I had previously added the HomePod as a speaker and and as you say not available yet. :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:06 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
However, once created, the second server is running.

Not totally unexpected but thanks for letting me know that it happened on a second server. The "HomeKit Bridge Warning Attempted to verify a null port on portIsOpen, this shouldn't happen." was to prevent the hard error that was reported earlier about trying to init on a null port so I'm glad that trapped. I'm going to be looking at the "new server won't start until reload" issue this weekend.

autolog wrote:
Got this error, when using a "Light Bulb" to control my HomePod via Airfoil (HK-B Speaker):

Rats, I needed to test that a bit more. I saw another QA issue on inverted on/off last night that I didn't catch after coding either. So many lines of code :)

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:37 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
It did work briefly but the HomePod kept on disconnecting from Airfoil when I changed the light bulb "volume" slider in the Home App.

The volume as brightness works perfectly for me, maybe the changes I made to other areas of code while bug fixing was the difference. I did also change the behavior of On/Off to be opposite because as a speaker the On/Off represents Mute, where this represents On and Off (connected or disconnected). I'm going to upload another beta here shortly, see if that fixes it for you.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I just posted Beta 8 (click to download) that squash these most recent bugs and a few others.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:15 am
Different Computers offline

Everything seems to be working fine in the newest beta, and perhaps this is mentioned in the docs, but the one exception is that while I can define speakers and they get added to the Home app, they are listed there as Not Supported.

Apologies for not getting my contact sensor data to you--but they all show up fine as supported contact sensors. Do you still need their details in order to support stuff like battery status? Mine are Monoprice recessed door/window sensors model ZD2105 and a GoControl Door sensor that Indigo calls a generic Binary Routing Sensor.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
Everything seems to be working fine in the newest beta, and perhaps this is mentioned in the docs, but the one exception is that while I can define speakers and they get added to the Home app, they are listed there as Not Supported.

Yes, that's been noted both in the release notes and on the forum. I'm trying to note that when it happens when I put in the release notes that I added a new device (same goes for Microphones and I just added Battery Sensors today, but are "unsupported").

Apologies for not getting my contact sensor data to you--but they all show up fine as supported contact sensors

As long as the contact sensors are working as they should then I'm happy!

Do you still need their details in order to support stuff like battery status?

Is the battery status showing properly for them now? It should be if they report battery status to Indigo (you have to go into the device details in HomeKit to see the battery level).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 am
Different Computers offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Is the battery status showing properly for them now? It should be if they report battery status to Indigo (you have to go into the device details in HomeKit to see the battery level).

For the GoControl, yes, for the MonoPrice, no. I'll get the details to you.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:24 pm
Coolcaper offline

v0.8.0 seems to be running fine for me...got 4 servers running...no issues so far and it seems a lot more snappier than earlier versions....have yet to test with HomePod and Home.

Thanks for the hard work!

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:32 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

For the GoControl, yes, for the MonoPrice, no. I'll get the details to you.

I know I PM'ed this to you but for others:

So you don't get a battery level, you get a low battery warning, and that is dependent on the plugin prefs for the battery % you put there (default 20%). So because you are at 80% battery you have not tripped the low battery warning. Set your prefs to 90% or something and you'll see an exclamation mark on the icon and you'll get the low battery warning in the details. Battery level is only supported in a handful of devices at the moment in HomeKit.

Coolcaper wrote:
v0.8.0 seems to be running fine for me...got 4 servers running...no issues so far and it seems a lot more snappier than earlier versions....have yet to test with HomePod and Home.

If you aren't testing with Home then what are you testing with? And, yea, it is snappier than earlier betas by a stretch because I rewrote the logic that controls that aspect.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

You know, with the exception of a few bugs that I want to squash and a few more important devices to add, I think this is about stable enough for a public beta - much sooner than expected. I finally am to the point in my own testing to use it in my production environment and replace HBB because I have almost every device accounted for that I wrapped in HBB.

My litmus test for public beta has been that every native Indigo device is auto detected and operable in HomeKit, I'm not focusing on any plugins unless I consider them "core" Indigo plugins (like Airfoil and Zwave locks, etc) because I want to handle custom devices in a completely different way. The other litmus test is that it installs clean, so I need to address the issue where you have to restart the plugin to get the server to fire up, I'll probably have that by Beta 9.

Along those lines I think I only need to add sprinkler devices to complete the Indigo native device compatibility. Do any of you see other things that should be fixed before public beta other than what has been mentioned?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:39 pm
Coolcaper offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Coolcaper wrote:

If you aren't testing with Home then what are you testing with? And, yea, it is snappier than earlier betas by a stretch because I rewrote the logic that controls that aspect.

Nothing really...only had time to get the servers going till now due to work...I'm getting into it in steps...make sure the groundwork is done :wink:

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

After re-reading the battery answer I decided this is an excellent FAQ addition so I posted the answer on the Wiki.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm
JustJack offline

I just added an Insteon wireless door sensor (triggerlinc) I expected that the device type would have been autodetected as a Contact device but it came up as a motion sensor. I manually selected contact device and added it. I was not sure if I should have also selected invert state as I thought that the release notes said that this device type was one of the first to report state inverted. I thought that it would auto applied to this type of device. added without checking the invert option. Home app shows it as open with the door closed. This is on B8

Page 8 of 26 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26