HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Not exactly HKB related, but I can't imagine a better group of people to ask:

Any tricks for moving native HomeKit compatible devices from one home to another? I've just decommissioned my homebridge buddy setup including my original home setup. Myy HomePod and NanoLeaf devices are in that home. The HomePod I'm about to delete from one and add to the other, but I wonder about the others.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

If you just remove them from HK then you should be able to add them to any other home using the same method that you used to add them to the first one (generally their app).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:41 am
mlooss offline

C4F:

This is my first post since installing the HBB beta 16.3 and I never tested any prior versions. There was some discussion on the UI, but I found the UI works very well. Yes, one has to spend some time with it, but that is the case with anything else these days. I greatly appreciate your time and effort you have put in this project. HBB and now HBK has given my family members easier access to control my home.

Of course, I also ran into a few issues, but I expected this.

- HBB created a new Indigo device automatically and I expected the same from HBK, which caused me to keep looking for it in Indigo. Obviously creating advice after installing a plug-in is the standard option in Indigo and that is what I ended up doing. I don't really remember seeing this mentioned anywhere in the Wiki. It was not a big issue, but since we are on the subject of making this plug-in easier to use, it might help others, especially if they come from HBB.

- If there was to be some kind of migration from HBB to HBK, I never saw it take place?

- I have one of those Aeotec Smart Energy Strips (DSC11) and HBK mapped it to switch, but I changed it to outlet, which then caused my HBK to not start. I changed it back to a switch, but it took me a little while to get the server running again going through some of the troubleshooting steps listed here.

- As I started to add Indigo devices, I went back and forth excluding additional Indigo devices in the plug-in or enabling them again. The plug-in now does not show the devices excluded but instead reads "No data"? I now have lost access to these devices and all of my troubleshooting steps did not solve this issue. At one point my already HBK defined devices came up without any device selected and when I tried to save it, it informed me of this and deleted the device from HBK. I had a random number of different devices that lost its device selection and the device(s) now longer is listed, which made me go back to the HBK plug-in menu "Managed Excluded Objects" and noticed that nothing is listed in the excluded section. What else can I do, to get these devcies showing up again?

Thanks,
Attachments
Page 00001.jpg
Page 00001.jpg (451.61 KiB) Viewed 2311 times

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

This is an awful lot of "fail" in one message...

mlooss wrote:
HBB created a new Indigo device automatically and I expected the same from HBK, which caused me to keep looking for it in Indigo.

This was the case for about 5 betas and I removed it, the plugin will not create a new device or migrate HBB when installed because I wasn't sure if that was causing another startup issue where the plugin config dialog would not pop up. While it ended up not being the issue I left it out anyway for the time being.

mlooss wrote:
If there was to be some kind of migration from HBB to HBK, I never saw it take place?

This goes with my first response. It did happen automatically for a couple of releases and then I took it out. It's still available in the Advanced Plugin Actions menu (and that is stated in the Wiki).

mlooss wrote:
I have one of those Aeotec Smart Energy Strips (DSC11) and HBK mapped it to switch, but I changed it to outlet, which then caused my HBK to not start. I changed it back to a switch, but it took me a little while to get the server running again going through some of the troubleshooting steps listed here.

This really does't make sense. Changing a type doesn't do anything to Homebridge except that when it loads it re-reads the config and changes the type. So it not starting is likely something else completely unrelated. Have you tried looking at the Homebridge logs to see what may cause it to fail? Anything short of that is purely speculation. I have four of these strips, they work fine and I've also changed them from switch to outlet and have not had any such problem.

mlooss wrote:
As I started to add Indigo devices, I went back and forth excluding additional Indigo devices in the plug-in or enabling them again. The plug-in now does not show the devices excluded but instead reads "No data"?

No clue why that would happen, but you can simply delete your plugin preference file (or rename it) and all of your excluded devices will be included again. Judging from the first line in your screenshot you have some really odd device in there that may be causing it. Do you have a device named like that, a GUID, in your system?

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:16 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

And on a totally unrelated note, I want whatever plugin lets you control your truck...
Attachments
Page%2000001.jpg
Page%2000001.jpg (459.43 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Beta 17 is released (click to download).

I think the ZIPball in this release should no longer contain the MacOS structures that the previous ZIPballs had. Try it and let me know.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:51 pm
autolog offline

Getting this error (in the device homebridge log):
module.js:540
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/lib/cli'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:538:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:468:25)
at Module.require (module.js:587:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/homebridge:17:1)
at Module._compile (module.js:643:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:654:10)
at Module.load (module.js:556:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:499:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:491:3)

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:55 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Beta 17 is released (click to download).

I think the ZIPball in this release should no longer contain the MacOS structures that the previous ZIPballs had. Try it and let me know.

It unpacked correctly for me.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:09 pm
autolog offline

Re-Downloaded and re-installed and still getting the same error.
The Indigo log shows:
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge - HiFi' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

All Homekit Bridges have a state of stopped.

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:17 pm
mlooss offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
And on a totally unrelated note, I want whatever plugin lets you control your truck...

I have a couple of the Automatic Adapter and just got the Pro version last week. An Indigo plug-in developer named dgarozzo http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=260 released this plug-in last year, but the request to get access to location via the API from Automatic Labs took about three months. I received my approval more than a week ago and so far the plug-in has been working, I have yet to trigger events based on data received but it does open a few new ways to integrate it with home automation.

Here is the link

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

autolog wrote:
Re-Downloaded and re-installed and still getting the same error.
The Indigo log shows:
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'HomeKit Bridge - HiFi' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

All Homekit Bridges have a state of stopped.

I wouldn't have expected it to change on the upgrade, particularly because I didn't change anything in regards to talking to Homebridge but especially since I think you have a different problem. I think that either your config folder is messed up for HKB or your Homebridge is - which I doubt since you just essentially replaced it. So, given that I would delete the subfolders in the prefs for HKB and they should all recreate when you try to start your servers or restart your plugin.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 pm
mlooss offline

I also upgraded to v17 and get the same error message and my HBB. server will not start and I still have the issue with my excluded devices not showing up, even after deleting the preference file?

Here is what I found in the server log:
module.js:540
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/lib/cli'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:538:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:468:25)
at Module.require (module.js:587:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS HomeKit Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/homebridge:17:1)
at Module._compile (module.js:643:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:654:10)
at Module.load (module.js:556:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:499:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:491:3)

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 pm
mlooss offline

mlooss wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

I have a couple of the Automatic Adapter and just got the Pro version last week. An Indigo plug-in developer named dgarozzo http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=260 released this plug-in last year, but the request to get access to location via the API from Automatic Labs took about three months. I received my approval more than a week ago and so far the plug-in has been working, I have yet to trigger events based on data received but it does open a few new ways to integrate it with home automation.

Here is the link

So, I am reading this post and my reply again and realize that you may have been joking about controlling your truck with a plug-in. :D I wish I could control my truck too, but this is not what I use it for. I was doing several other things and quickly replied without fully reading and understanding your comment. I do use it for presence detection for our cars. In our family there are 5 cars and we don't consider them owned by any individual, which ever car is available or not being blocked by another gets used, you could say it is a first come first served unwritten policy. Being able to quickly look at the Home App and see which car is here and available, helps me pick the right car keys before heading out to realize a car I thought was here isn't.

I guess we are crazy people with all these home automaton stuff we keep coming up with, that is why they call me Dextor in my family LOL.

My HBB has been own all day now and my wife already complained and I keep explaining her the reason but she just wants to turn on the fan and lights in the terrace and has no time for my reasons. I guess I blew this WAF for now LOL.

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

See if downgrading works. Did you use the full zip or the plugin only zip? Whichever you tried, try the other.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 pm
mlooss offline

I don't recall which one I downloaded, but there does seem to be an issue with the full download. It downloads but the unzip process takes forever, actually it never finishes. Downloading only the plug-in zip files and uncompressing it works normal.

I think I should just start from scratch, what would the steps to take to remove HBB completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk