Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

I did restart after and I never used Buddy

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Sharek326 wrote:
I did restart after and I never used Buddy

Go to your Indigo prefs folder, is there a subfolder there with the same number as your server? Go into that folder and see if there is a Homebridge.log file, that may shed some additional info.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Diver, do me favor and don't tell me this sucks :roll: , just tell me if this is generally what you were thinking realizing I still need to completely redesign the actions to make this make sense. I really don't want to hear that the UI sucks, I'm hanging on by a thread... :shock: :lol:

Assuming the device edit fields (alias, type) show up between the Device popup and the "Add to HomeKit" button, then yeah, I like this a lot better.

:) :) :) :) :)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm
Sharek326 offline

Nothing in the sub folder except json config

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Assuming the device edit fields (alias, type) show up between the Device popup and the "Add to HomeKit" button, then yeah, I like this a lot better.

I know that the UI is less than ideal, but the developer of it's isn't a total dolt, I'm not going to move all of that and leave the key fields that go with the group elsewhere. Like I said, I need to do some tweaking to get happy with this but we'll see how it turns out.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Sharek326 wrote:
Nothing in the sub folder except json config

Very odd. Delete the folder and restart the plugin, see what happens.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:41 pm
Sharek326 offline

I think that did the trick got it

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:46 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Sharek326 wrote:
I think that did the trick got it

So somehow you got a partial folder. Ugh, more code to check for the presence of required files in that folder. Man I love beta.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Beta 16 is released (click to download).

This implements a significant UI change, it may be totally broken but works for me. They are the changes requested so hopefully they are what you want. This also fixes the bug with thermostat sensors not reporting the proper temperature.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I just wanted to chime in here with some empathy for C4W on the UI. Designing intuitive and simplified UI for complex configurations/scenarios is a beast and we have to deal with it a lot when it comes to cutting edge HA tech and new protocols / hardware. I've scrapped and re-worked many a UI and there are still lots of rough spots in Indigo (actions panel I'm looking at you). At the end of the day though the most important thing is having the robust working functionality. The UI can be updated later – iterative development for the win. Some care has to be taken to try to avoid having massive plumbing and database re-works when/if the UI is improved , so generally trying to get the rough paradigms correct can be useful. But it doesn't have to be perfect in v1.0 (or even v7.1)

Keep up the good work. :wink:

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

matt (support) wrote:
I just wanted to chime in here with some empathy for C4W on the UI. Designing intuitive and simplified UI for complex configurations/scenarios is a beast and we have to deal with it a lot when it comes to cutting edge HA tech and new protocols / hardware. I've scrapped and re-worked many a UI and there are still lots of rough spots in Indigo (actions panel I'm looking at you). At the end of the day though the most important thing is having the robust working functionality. The UI can be updated later – iterative development for the win. Some care has to be taken to try to avoid having massive plumbing and database re-works when/if the UI is improved , so generally trying to get the rough paradigms correct can be useful. But it doesn't have to be perfect in v1.0 (or even v7.1)

Keep up the good work. :wink:

Thanks Matt, appreciate the morale boost :wink:

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

16.3 is release (click to download).

READ THE RELEASE NOTES ON THIS ONE!!!!

I'm hoping this resolves any remaining temperature reading problems.

[UPDATE: 16.1 / 16.2 HAD TWO UGLY BUGS, 16.3 SQUASHED THEM (I hope)]

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 pm
Different Computers offline

New UI for Include/Edit devices is MUCH improved! Thank you for that too.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
New UI for Include/Edit devices is MUCH improved! Thank you for that too.

Someone actually says the UI isn't from Groot's butthole? Ok, I'll take it :lol:

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 pm
ZachBenz offline

Yeah, loving the new UI here too! :D :D

Of course, if you could just remove the "Cancel" and "Save" buttons at the bottom and just have a single "Done" button....

I kid, I kid.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo