HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Testers [INVITES COMPLETE]

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Testers [INVITES COMPLETE]

There was an overwhelming response to my request for Beta testers, I'm happy to see so much interested but shocked there are this many insane people using Indigo that want to beta test this! :shock:

I've broken the testers into four rounds of the closed Beta so that I'm not overwhelmed with issues to resolve. The first two rounds will have the most issues while the last two rounds should have hopefully nothing more than a few tweaks here and there. So the first 8 people are brave souls!

Right now everything looks to be on track for switching to Beta. We now have a high level of communication between HomeKit and the plugin (90% there I would say) with some issues to work out still but it is looking good. I highly recommend that you don't incorporate this into your main HomeKit home and instead create a second home just for this so you can easily work with it and/or delete it as needed if it gets wonky. This also makes sure that it doesn't somehow step on your existing and functional HomeKit setup if you have one.

Movement from first round to the fourth round of testing will vary but I'm planning it being weekly as I would like to open to public Beta by March 9th. I may escalate this if things are progressing well, we may have all 16 testers on board in a week if the stars align. As of now I'm planning to invite the first round of testers by the end of today or tomorrow. Happy HomePod Day :lol:

Here are the beta testers, if your Git ID is different then let me know so I can invite you (all I have are your Indigo user names so that's what I'll be trying to invite):

First Round
autolog
Flying Diver
Different Computers
roussell
JustJack

Second Round
ZachBenz
Coolcaper
chobo997
EddieJ
mloos (tentative on stability)

Third Round
martinc
AndyVirus
calamo7
haavarda
WagnerOne

Fourth Round
manwithavan
siclark
manoncloud9
mssearch
gtreece
rlust

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am
Different Computers offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Beta Testers

My freshly minted git account is DifferentComputers.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The final Alpha is being tested now, tomorrow looks like the Beta will be good to go. Everything came together nicely today, the pieces all really fell into place and it was pretty exciting to finally see one new HomeKit device (an outlet) show up that had never synchronized from Indigo before (well it did but as a switch because that was what was supported). I'm so stoked! I think I'm going to try to throw another new device in for Beta 1. I'm really looking forward to getting the entire host of devices in HomeKit!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 pm
Coolcaper offline

Different Computers wrote:
My freshly minted git account is DifferentComputers.

Mine is coolcaper777

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Got to tell you guys that adding my first ceiling fan to HomeKit was an awesome experience. Did you know the HomeKit icon is animated for it? And the animation matches the speed?

Oh yea, did I mention that Beta 1 will now also have a NATIVE FAN CONTROL? This is exciting stuff right here. I mean, I simply added my Indigo ceiling fan, the plugin figured out what it was, translated it to a HomeKit device and POOF, fan.

I know, it's the little things that make me happy, but wait until there are over 100 devices that natively translate to HomeKit and no wrappers needed! All of this and I get to play with it all on the HomePod tomorrow? This week is shaping up quite nicely.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm
Coolcaper offline

Sometimes it is the little things that makes us happy!!

Waiting for my HomePod to turn up anytime now! Got an email saying it’s been shipped yesterday.

Thanks in advance for writing the plugin.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 am
JustJack offline

Mine is jvalois

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:34 am
haavarda offline

My github account is haavardNO

How will the new plugin handle a garage door where I have a relay for the opener, and a separate sensor to detect open / closed? Is it still possible to make “advanced” devices?

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

haavarda wrote:
Is it still possible to make “advanced” devices?

Yes and no. You cannot do any advanced mapping like that in the current builds but it's planned. That being said you can still use Homebridge Buddy for it's wrappers to accomplish that while using HomeKit Bridge to do the actual communication with HomeKit and utilize the HBB Wrapper device in HomeKit Bridge. I haven't yet decided which way to go with this and will decide that in the coming weeks.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 am
EddieJ offline

Thanks CFW! Really looking forward to it!
EddieJ github ID is bna1erj and the organization is JamesHomeStuff.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:11 pm
JustJack offline

My HomePods got delivered about a hour ago. Just itching to get back home to unbox them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Everyone taunts me with their "before me" deliveries.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm
siclark offline

My github is castlesi

Posted on
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm
martinc offline

Would love to join my githu is livefeed

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've invited the next wave of testers because it's been proving fairly stable. I mean, it's Beta so there are going to be issues, but mostly they have proven to be minor thus far. It's early than I planned, hopefully this will keep on track and we'll get to open Beta long before the due date.

Check Them Out Here