HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:35 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Asconasny wrote:
Hi, nice work on this one :)

im getting this:

Code: Select all
 HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.onAfter_nonpluginDeviceUpdated line 677: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd8' in position 37: ordinal not in range(128)
                      CODE: self.logger.debug ("Indigo device {} changed and is linked to HomeKit, checking if that change impacts HomeKit".format(newDev.name))

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.onAfter_nonpluginDeviceUpdated line 677: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd8' in position 37: ordinal not in range(128)
                      CODE: self.logger.debug ("Indigo device {} changed and is linked to HomeKit, checking if that change impacts HomeKit".format(newDev.name))

I'm betting that you have a strange character in the name of the device. Fortunately that's an "annoyance" message and not a functionality one, you should still work fine with that coming up since it's just an error trying to log something to the debugger, but I'll see if I can put something in for the next release to fix that. The worst case, based on where this code sits, is that you may have to restart your HomeKit server device or the plugin itself so it picks up whatever you changed in that particular device since it didn't auto-restart the HomeKit server as a result of your change.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:01 am
Asconasny offline

restart your HomeKit server device or the plugin itself so it picks up whatever you changed in that particular device since it didn't auto-restart the HomeKit server as a result of your change.[

Actually did that a couple of times before i posted, and it didnt go away.

but now it has :D

so problem solved

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:13 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Asconasny wrote:
so problem solved

The plugin didn't change so if the problem is solved that implies that either that device is not part of HomeKit any longer or the name changed because if you had the same character in a HomeKit included device then that exception would still be raised when the device changes in any way that impacts HomeKit. Regardless, hopefully that issue will be resolved in the next update.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 am
bsp9493 offline

All I have to say is WOW!!! You guys are amazing!!!

Seamless install and function so far.

THANX!!!

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:04 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
All I have to say is WOW!!! You guys are amazing!!!

Seamless install and function so far.

THANX!!!

Another satisfied customer, woot!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am
bsp9493 offline

Now just have to find a way to get SONOS integrated and there will be peace in the world - LOL

d

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
Now just have to find a way to get SONOS integrated and there will be peace in the world - LOL

d

I think there are a number of creative ways of making that happen. I don't have any Sonos devices and don't use the plugin so I haven't gone down that path yet, however if they respond to On/Off/Dim commands then there are a number of devices built into HomeKit that will control it.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 am
Shavano offline

HomeKit Bridge won’t start after installation

I believe that I installed the current version of HomeKit Bridge correctly, but it will not start. I'm not sure where to get the requested service logs.

Code: Select all
Mar 15, 2018 at 12:19:26
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'Homebridge for Indigo'

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:21:09
   HomeKit Bridge Error            HomeKit server 'Homebridge for Indigo' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information, now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to stop 'Homebridge for Indigo'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'Homebridge for Indigo' has been stopped
   HomeKit Bridge Error            send "Homebridge for Indigo" on failed
   HomeKit Bridge                 

#####################################################################
# HomeKit Bridge                                                    #
#                                                                   #
# Plugin Version      : 0.17.2                                      #
# Template Version    : 3.3.1                                       #
# Core Engine Version : 3.0.0                                       #
# Indigo Version      : 7.1.1                                       #
# Indigo API Version  : 2.0                                         #
# Alphas, Betas and Pre-Releases can be downloaded from:            #
#    https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler                            #
# All support inquiries, questions or comments go to:               #
#    http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=192               #
# Copyright (c) 2018 - Colorado4Wheeler & EPS                       #

[MODERATOR NOTE]: Moved this to the beta forum. Please note that all topics, as per the first post of this announcement, should be posted here during the beta testing. Thank you.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Shavano wrote:
I believe that I installed the current version of HomeKit Bridge correctly, but it will not start. I'm not sure where to get the requested service logs.

Did you follow the quick start guide? Did you add anything to the server or did you just create one and click save? Have you read the FAQ or wiki yet?

At the very least you should post the Homebridge log so I can see why it's not starting up.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm
bsp9493 offline

I may have run into a similar problem.

I was hoping to preserve my HBB settings, so followed the instructions and disabled HBB plugin as a precaution.

Installed the new HomeKit Bridge plugin

restarted HBB

but when I went to import my HBB, it was not listed.

I had to create a new device for HomeKit Bridge. give it a dummy name.

I thought that was strange, so I went back and tried the Migrate feature again.

This time I was able to select the device and complete the migration. It created everything as it should have, and I was up and running in seconds.

I then went back and deleted the 1st device that I gave a dummy name to.

ALL is working AWESOME.

Maybe that will help SHAVANO

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:51 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
but when I went to import my HBB, it was not listed.

I had to create a new device for HomeKit Bridge. give it a dummy name.

I'm not sure I understand that. What wasn't listed where? The utility doesn't ask for servers it just runs and looks for them, and it shouldn't require any kind of HKB server being there either.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:56 pm
Shavano offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Shavano wrote:

Did you follow the quick start guide? Did you add anything to the server or did you just create one and click save? Have you read the FAQ or wiki yet?

At the very least you should post the Homebridge log so I can see why it's not starting up.

Sorry, didn't see the Utilities. Rebuilding the Homebridge Folder was successful and now everything is working. Sort of feels like being on the wrong end of the "Did you plug it in?" solution. Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working great. I'll test it and report any issues.

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:17 pm
bsp9493 offline

Sorry, should have included a better description of the process and pictures...

After install, and initial configuration set up, there was NO Device Listed (unlike after proper setup in the screenshot)

When I initially went to Advanced Plug In Options, for the migration feature, I was expecting to see a DEVICE available (i.e. HomeKit Bridge), but there was none. That is when I created the dummy device, which I have since deleted.

I then selected Migrate and hit Execute and EVERYTHING worked perfectly from there.

I am now wondering, if I may have misunderstood the process and was looking for something that shouldn't have been there yet (the Device)

Dave
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.08.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.08.16 PM.png (92.05 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.06.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.06.11 PM.png (29.37 KiB) Viewed 2291 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
I am now wondering, if I may have misunderstood the process and was looking for something that shouldn't have been there yet (the Device)

I think that may be the case because there are two sections to that form, one requires a device (device actions) and the other does not (plugin actions). I'll review the process and make sure that's clear.

Shavano wrote:
Sort of feels like being on the wrong end of the "Did you plug it in?" solution. Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working great. I'll test it and report any issues.

The problem still shouldn't have come up, regardless of which end of "did you plug it in", but that's why it's public beta instead of a formal release so I can try to identify issues like that. Did you have Homebridge Buddy before this or was this a fresh install without ever having used HomeKit before?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:29 pm
jrickmd offline

Wonderful plug-in. Thanks very much for the work.

Couple of issues:

1) did the conversion from HBB and had some actions come over that I had not had in HBB. Didn't recognize any patterns to why it might have happened. Easy enough to fix with the delete option.

2) my temperature sensors / thermostats were showing weird temps in home. Around 160s as current temp with a range of 71-95 as the heat / cool settings. This occurred in the thermostats that were imported from HBB AND the temperature sensors I added later. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that setting the server setting to display in F would make all of that "just work". The fix came by going to Edit each individual device and set it to "show in F". A pause to let Home catch up and all was right in the world. A little confused still as the 160s it was showing is not accurate for C or F...? maybe Kelvin? :lol:

Thanks again for the GREAT work. I never realized how much I missed HomeKit until I got a HomePod and HBB. HKB makes it even BETTER!

Rick