HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:33 pm
jens offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

What about support for DSC ?

And agree it’s a supper plugin you have developt

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 pm
durosity offline

vtmikel wrote:
[*] The "Door" type has a odd behavior. I'm using Aeotec door sensors, and HomeKit tries to perform an action when you click on them. Unlike motion sensors that are read only and reports status, as they should be. I dont know if this is a HomeKit behavior, or if the bridge could be configured to tell HomeKit that this is a read only device.

Yeah set it as contact sensor, then in home app edit the device and tap the icon next to the name.. you can then set them as a door or window or whatever and HK won’t try to action it.

I’ve put in a request for a read only state on this in HKB so it’s not necessary but that’s up to C4W as to if he’ll implement it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 pm
durosity offline

jens wrote:

And agree it’s a supper plugin you have developt

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It has support for DSC alarm systems.. have you got the DSC system setup in Indigo? If so just add the control panel and zones you want in HKB with the appropriate type and bobs your uncle :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:39 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jens wrote:

There is limited support for DSC now. I'm not writing to every plugin known to man but trying to accommodate the most widely used plugins as much as is reasonable.

durosity wrote:
I’ve put in a request for a read only state on this in HKB so it’s not necessary but that’s up to C4W as to if he’ll implement it or not.

I cannot change the states that HomeKit has coded.

It gets very tricky to try to fool HomeKit. It can be done but it's very complicated to do this and can break just as much as it 'fixes'. I really am holding out for when I have time to work on complications, which at this point is never because it seems I'm fielding a never ending supply of new tickets and I've given so many hours at this point I have to scale WAAAAY back from the current level of development.

So, one day.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:09 pm
durosity offline

So I have to ask a horrible question here because you don’t already have enough on your plate.. Camera PTZ support? I have one in particular where that’d be very handy!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
So I have to ask a horrible question here because you don’t already have enough on your plate.. Camera PTZ support? I have one in particular where that’d be very handy!

I agree and I've gone down this path with no success so far. Still looking for possibilities. This will likely be a while for integration into the camera system, but possible with individual switches connected to a URL device (like in Device Extensions).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm
durosity offline

HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Funny thing is I wrote that comment before you posted about scaling back but forgot to post it.. and without even seeing your reply it seems to perfectly complement it!

And yes it’s definitely a nice to have but not an essential of course! :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:44 pm
jens offline

Is it just me who does not see the temperature in some sensors, many are Fibaro IR, Temp sensor. one shows 262 degrees in the bathroom, and I know it's not there: D

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jens wrote:
Is it just me who does not see the temperature in some sensors, many are Fibaro IR, Temp sensor. one shows 262 degrees in the bathroom, and I know it's not there: D

Well, I have a dozen Fibaro motion/temp/light/tamper sensors and they work fine. Do you have BOTH temperature settings correct in the server device?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:13 pm
vtmikel offline

I was running 0.19.8 when I experienced the initial server setup errors. It looks like you added the sanity checks to .9.

The contact sensors worked great for the door sensors. Thanks for the suggestion. Though, they had to be set to invert on/off state. Should this be the default? Once you add them to your homekit, you can edit the properties and tell HomeKit that it is a door, it then changes the icon to the same as the Door device, but the device remains read-only.

Also, I noticed that Temperature Sensors do not have the "Temperature value is in Fahrenheit" when you add them, but the option is available when you edit the device.

Last, My Nest Thermostats when bridged and accessed in the Home app seem to say "Heating to ..." at all times and are lit up in bright white, like the HVAC is being reported to on. Is that the intended behavior in the Home app?

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:14 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

vtmikel wrote:
"Heating to ..." at all times and are lit up in bright white, like the HVAC is being reported to on. Is that the intended behavior in the Home app?

In "bright white"? I run the nest as well and mine is orange. I'm working on the other issue.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

vtmikel wrote:
Also, I noticed that Temperature Sensors do not have the "Temperature value is in Fahrenheit" when you add them, but the option is available when you edit the device.

This is fixed for the next release.

vtmikel wrote:
Thermostats when bridged and accessed in the Home app seem to say "Heating to ..." at all times

As is this.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Release 20.0 is up (click to download) and has all sorts of stuff going on. I went down the rabbit hole a bit, hopefully it's not a decision I later regret! Since complications are a light year away at this point I'm going to try to support some of the requested plugin devices, if it gets too out of hand then I may have to reign that decision in.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:29 am
jens offline

DSC door and window switches works perfect bu not DSC IR sensors.

//Jens

Posted on
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Well, I've sort of backpedaled on my statement about adding plugin support because I looked at the issue list and the majority of issues are about supporting one device or another so I've gone head first into complications and have made some excellent progress so I'm going to stick a pin in all device integrations that aren't native Indigo device bugs for at least the next few releases to see how complications pan out.

Check Them Out Here

Page 11 of 25 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25