HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Your question is a bit confusing, it didn't work then it did but it didn't and did and didn't. :shock:

So, if you read the docs then what you finally figured out was the right way to add a camera to HomeKit is the way you are supposed to do it, add an accessory, add a code and get a camera. Now, as for this question:
bsp9493 wrote:
The home kit bridge server however, is no longer connecting.

I'm not sure what that means. Can you elaborate on what isn't connecting? Is it starting in Indigo? Any logs? Did you add it to HomeKit and it's not responding? Inquiring minds want to know ;).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:28 pm
bsp9493 offline

Sorry, I think faster than I type sometimes - lol

on upgrade attempt the 19.8 install paused for a very LONG time (15 plus minutes) on install while it was verifying the plugin. I ended up clicking the x to stop the verify. When that window went away, I shutdown and restarted my indigo server.

downloaded a fresh copy of 19.8, deleted the old on and tried again. This time it verified and installed as I would expect.

I then went to add my cameras (this part worked fine, as noted in the documentation.

However, even though my cameras are working and being displayed in Home on my idevice, the HomeKit Bridge server now shows as No Response and none of my previously added Accessories are working (they all still show up, but also show as No Response.

d

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, that makes more sense. A couple of questions:

• In Indigo is the server that's not responding in HK running?
  • Are your cameras associated with the not working server or another one?
  • Do you have more than one HKB server device configured?

It's likely that your HomeKit database got corrupted, it's not unheard of, in which case I would recommend creating a new server and then using the plugin menu tool to move your devices to that server AFTER you add a token device to it and then add it to HomeKit. Why? Because you want the new server recognized in HomeKit first so that when you transfer your items to it that they hopefully don't lose their room assignments.

Alternatively you can also just remove and try to re-add your non responsive HKB server but you will lose your room assignments.

Try the new server and some random device as a test, just to see if you can add it.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 pm
bsp9493 offline

In Indigo is the server that's not responding in HK running?
yes

Are your cameras associated with the not working server or another one?
Working cameras associated with NON-Working server

Do you have more than one HKB server device configured?o
only had one server configured and enabled

Creating a new server and migrating devices over appears to have worked. Now just have to move them all into the correct rooms:)

Thanx... that's kind of what I figured (corrupt something on failed install)

Probably something with MY system or install.

d

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

bsp9493 wrote:
Probably something with MY system or install.

The 15 minutes to load the update, yes probably because that's just Indigo swapping out old for new and it's only 60MB so it should have been instant. On the HomeKit side, no, that's a HomeKit thing that it loses its config sometimes so I wouldn't point any fingers on that one.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 pm
joesan offline

C4W - Thank you very much for the excellent work. You're a credit to the community!

However, at the moment I just can't seem to get this up and running. I follow the instruction to the letter. I must confess I'd gotten pretty confused as to what was what so I thought it best to delete all the other flavours of HomeKIt related stuff I had in Indigo first. But my problem is that I just can't get the HomeKit Bridge server started. I try to turn it on, it reports that it's starting but it always turns itself off in the space of a minute. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Try going into the Advanced Plugin Actions menu item and rebuild the Homebridge folder for your server and see if that corrects the problem. For some reason about 50% of the people have an issue on initial installation that I haven't yet tracked down but this seems to most often be the fix.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh and since you had Homebridge installed before, be sure to open the plugin prefs and save them to be safe - just in case they didn't save when you installed.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 pm
joesan offline

Hmmm, it just seems to hang when I try to rebuild the folder. Then I get the message that 'communication with the plugin has timed out'.

I didn't have much in the original homebridge setup because it seemed to be using a lot of cycles. So, I don't mind nuking everything and trying again. Any other suggestions to try?

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Sounds like you might have system issues, that rebuild is simply deleting a folder, nothing more. You can try hand deleting the pref folder for HKB. You might try rebooting too.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 am
berkinet offline

V0.19.7 same problem as this post. Same cure as well.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:05 am
berkinet offline

New user questions

Ok. Got it up and running. Thanks!

A question: In the plugin config, on the Server Options menu There are two items that I could not find documentation for:
  • Model Source
  • Firmware Source
Could you describe how these are used.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

berkinet wrote:

I think that may be due to having had a HomeKit server of the same name in a previous iteration - like Homebridge-Indigo or Homebridge-Buddy. To date I think there have been only two reports of that under these circumstances, but it has come up when people do other things like remove a server and try to re-add it back with the same name.

berkinet wrote:
A question: In the plugin config, on the Server Options menu There are two items that I could not find documentation for:
Model Source
Firmware Source

Do you mean other than the complete write up on those fields in the server portion of the wiki? :P.
Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.25.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.25.15 AM.png (83 KiB) Viewed 1755 times

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 am
berkinet offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
berkinet wrote:

I think that may be due to having had a HomeKit server of the same name in a previous iteration - like Homebridge-Indigo or Homebridge-Buddy. To date I think there have been only two reports of that under these circumstances, but it has come up when people do other things like remove a server and try to re-add it back with the same name.
Just FYI, I did not use the same server name. I was trying to make the install as fresh as possible. However, I think the old server may have still been running. I stoped it with launchctl, but later noticed it was still live on my iDeveices.

then Colorado4Wheeler, causing this poster great embarrassment, wrote:

:oops:

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Don't feel bad, there's a lot of info on that page. Once the beta is coming to an end and things are in their final position I'll probably put a table of contents at the top but writing documentation is hard enough when added to constant code changes to also add another layer of complexity to the mix.

Check Them Out Here

Page 8 of 25 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25