HomeKit Bridge Official Released (Testing Closed)

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm
jrickmd offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Public Beta Now Open

Shavano wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

I have updated to 0.18.0 and continue (present since I installed HomeKit Bridge 0.17.2) to have a glitch with a temp sensor. No matter what setting I use for the HomeKit Bridge server (C° or F°) HomeKit appears to always assume that it is getting a temp in C° and converts to F°…and currently shows as 162° (no units) in the Home app. I assume that I'm doing something wrong, but can't seem to find the answer in the documentation.

I had same problem,. Go into your server device and edit the settings. Then select each of your thermostats and "Edit single device". Then select the F settings there and save. Give HomeKit a couple of minutes to update and all was good for me.

Rick

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm
siclark offline

Exceited to get the camera working but no matter what I do I get an error saying "is not a valid action ID, please verify your selection"

Could you give a little more direction on what we are supposed to be pasting in as URLs? I am using the security spy web server addresses. Does it matter that I have a password on mine?

Other than that, its all working nicely for other devices!

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

siclark wrote:
Exceited to get the camera working but no matter what I do I get an error saying "is not a valid action ID, please verify your selection"

Could you give a little more direction on what we are supposed to be pasting in as URLs? I am using the security spy web server addresses. Does it matter that I have a password on mine?

Other than that, its all working nicely for other devices!

Well, for one you are adding it wrong :). There is a link in the release notes that tell you exactly what to do. Don't use that filter item with all the fields, that's a TOTAL experiment (and why there's a big pop up window warning you of that), instead just add a SecuritySpy camera device like you would any other and set it to be the camera type and you're all done. Then you add the cameras as extra accessories to HomeKit.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Here is the link to the new camera support that I had in the release notes on 19.0. I didn't do screen shots yet because this is going to evolve rapidly over the next week and I don't want to have to re-document constantly, but it should get you up and running on cameras.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:16 pm
siclark offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Here is the link to the new camera support that I had in the release notes on 19.0. I didn't do screen shots yet because this is going to evolve rapidly over the next week and I don't want to have to re-document constantly, but it should get you up and running on cameras.

Got it in the end. Combination of not adding a device for 2 weeks and not reading instructions carefully I had got confused with the instructions and forgotten how to do the basic addba device!

Amazing work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:18 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ahh, the world of beta is awesome isn't it? :roll:

There are a few little nagging issues (new user installs, for example) but I'm really enjoying this plugin, even coding it has been fun - if not a lot of work. This, though, is my favorite thing since the spinning fan icon :lol:.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 pm
jalves offline

Just wanted to add my thanks for including the camera capability. I was able to add 5 cameras (4 Amcrest and 1 Foscam) easily. Amazing to be able to see them directly in the HomeKit App!!!

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jalves wrote:
Amazing to be able to see them directly in the HomeKit App!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's like Christmas :)

jalves wrote:
I was able to add 5 cameras (4 Amcrest and 1 Foscam) easily.

All SecuritySpy presumably, which means the models don't matter because to the plugin they are all just "SecuritySpy cameras". This is another reason to love SecuritySpy, RTSP streaming built into the web server.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:42 pm
GRWilde offline

I also added both of my SecuritySpy cameras with no problems. Great feature.

George Wilde

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 pm
webdeck offline

I am amazed with how easy it is to add SecuritySpy cameras. Glad I could help make that possible.

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:49 am
durosity offline

Astounding work on the camera support, added all 11 of my SecuritySpy cameras in and it works perfectly (with the exception of the ratios that you've already mentioned). I feel like my HomeKit system is nearly complete.. every single device, sensor, action group, etc i want is now showing up and it's made for the almost perfect HA interface, at least until Apple add more definitions at WWDC (Come on TV, Kettle and Robotic Vacuum support!). Now if only Ring would hurry up and actually get HomeKit support working! :evil: :roll: :|

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:35 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
at least until Apple add more definitions at WWDC

Don't count on it too much, remember that Apple may announce it but Homebridge has to write it in before anything happens. I just hope they open the speaker control up and add more ability to interact with cameras (i.e, motion sensor goes off and it sends a notification with a photo).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Beta 19.5 is released (click to download) which adds experimental Blue Iris support and enhances SecuritySpy support.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 am
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
durosity wrote:
at least until Apple add more definitions at WWDC

Don't count on it too much, remember that Apple may announce it but Homebridge has to write it in before anything happens. I just hope they open the speaker control up and add more ability to interact with cameras (i.e, motion sensor goes off and it sends a notification with a photo).

I know. I'm pretty damn sure Apple will announce more though.. the more certified MFi devices out there the more revenue they get. I can see them adding 2-3 extra types per year for the next few years to string that out as long as they can.. and certainly vacuum cleaners seems like a pretty likely one. But as with all things Apple it's difficult to gauge what they're gonna do. And as for the home bridge side of things, yeah.. but that said i'm positive i saw Homebridge had support for faucets before iOS 11 even went GM, so hopefully they'll be on top of it.

And yeah Speaker control would be good. I imagine there's going to be more remote control functionality for the HomePod and AppleTV in iOS 12.

My big fear is that iOS 12 kills the ability to use unsigned homekit devices.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:51 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
My big fear is that iOS 12 kills the ability to use unsigned homekit devices.

Yeah, that would suck, it would be a lot of work down the tubes.

Check Them Out Here

Page 6 of 25 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25