HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm
Coolcaper offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

ok, it was because 'Only show objects that are not being sent to homekit' was ticked. Once unticked, I could add again. :oops:

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 am
EddieJ offline

CFW...

Love HKB!! 5 Servers set up to run devices that with distinct locations or functionality and all seems to humming along just fine - couldn't be happier with the transition and the efficiency with which this plugin runs! CPU and memory are behaving very nicely and the responsiveness on execution and updates is nearly instantaneous. Great work!

I recall reading through the discussion leading up to the release of the beta that you were considering adding IP camera and Sonos ZP device capabilities. Are those still on the roadmap?

Thanks again!

EJ

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Coolcaper wrote:
ok, it was because 'Only show objects that are not being sent to homekit' was ticked. Once unticked, I could add again. :oops:

I thought about that late last night that was probably the issue. I don't do any check to see if the device is part of another server or not when the HBB migration runs because it's assumed that a user will generally do that first thing when they install and probably not again afterwards.

EddieJ wrote:
I recall reading through the discussion leading up to the release of the beta that you were considering adding IP camera and Sonos ZP device capabilities. Are those still on the roadmap?

Not specifically on the roadmap of development only because the support for those kinds of things via other Homebridge plugins are in the form of mapping HomeKit devices to functions. For instance, the WUnderground plugin for Homebridge simply adds a humidity sensor and thermostat sensor to HomeKit with data from WUnderground, easy enough for us to do the same thing with our Indigo data. The iTunes plugin is a series of on/off switches that do things like skip tracks or change volume, again something we can map to Indigo devices to achieve the same thing.

That all being said I am building "complications" that sort of fill the steps out for you. It would detect that you selected, say, a Sonos device and give you the option of adding multiple HomeKit items to control that device that are pre-mapped for the purpose.

I cannot create a special "Sonos Device" in HomeKit because if HK doesn't already have the icons and controls to make that happen then I can't make it do what it won't do on its own.

Make sense?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

ZachBenz wrote:
Installed Beta 11, and tried out the Window Covering device type without luck.

Yea, that was just a readonly flag got set on a characteristic for Window Coverings that jammed it up. Homebridge is hyper sensitive to that kind of thing, just changing that fixed the whole thing. Although I'm still curious how it works as my implementation of curtains in my home is a plugin I wrote as they aren't "standard" motorized blinds so for me On opens, Off closes and the rest is as you would expect - I don't know how On and Off impact "standard" devices but I assume it's the same.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 am
EddieJ offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Not specifically on the roadmap of development only because the support for those kinds of things via other Homebridge plugins are in the form of mapping HomeKit devices to functions. For instance, the WUnderground plugin for Homebridge simply adds a humidity sensor and thermostat sensor to HomeKit with data from WUnderground, easy enough for us to do the same thing with our Indigo data. The iTunes plugin is a series of on/off switches that do things like skip tracks or change volume, again something we can map to Indigo devices to achieve the same thing.

That all being said I am building "complications" that sort of fill the steps out for you. It would detect that you selected, say, a Sonos device and give you the option of adding multiple HomeKit items to control that device that are pre-mapped for the purpose.

I cannot create a special "Sonos Device" in HomeKit because if HK doesn't already have the icons and controls to make that happen then I can't make it do what it won't do on its own.

Make sense?

I believe it does. I'll wait for those complications. Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, Beta 12 has dropped (click to download), it's nothing more than a few bug fixes for beta 11. This represents the 20th official release, alpha and beta, of this plugin and more than 20,000 lines of code. Whew.

For now I'm done with new features. There are still some I want to get going but I want to focus the next handful of releases on usability and stability of what we already have, which is quite functional. I could, quite literally, replace my entire HBB setup with HKB as all the functionality is there and then some.

What I would really like to do for the 12's (we won't leave beta 12 for a few releases, instead it'll be 12.1-12.???) is dial in what we have. Any recommendations or comments you have are welcome. is there something you want to see that's not there? Most importantly, I need to know how the devices are working. To that end can you please reply with this list and let me know if the device is working as planned, not working (and why), not working as planned (and why) or not something you can test or have.

While I do want to know if the auto-detect works for a given device, it's failure to do so doesn't mean the device is broken, just the auto detect isn't dialed in yet.

For me, every one of these devices is working, except of course the unsupported devices. Please base your test on BETA 12 and not earlier versions!

For example:

Code: Select all
Contact Sensor:
Works as planned with my contact sensors

Door:
I don't have an automated door so I used a lightbulb as my door and it seems to work right

Fan Version 2:
Works but I have to invert the On/Off to make it work - I'm using an Insteon FanLinc

Action Group (as a switch)
Battery Service (Unsupported)
Contact Sensor
Door
Fan Version 2
Garage Door Opener
Humidity Sensor
Leak Sensor
Light Sensor
Lightbulb
Lock Mechanism
Microphone (Unsupported)
Motion Sensor
Occupancy Sensor
Outlet
Smoke Sensor
Speaker (Unsupported)
Switch
Temperature Sensor
Thermostat
Window
Window Covering

Things still planned for HKB:
  • Complications (undergoing a total rewrite of that, I wasn't happy with how it was implemented) that will let you map One-To-Many, Many-To-One, One-To-One and Many-To-Many (i.e., adding an irrigation controller would also add all the zones in the way of valve controllers in HomeKit - and a hint as to why sprinklers are not yet added to HKB...)
  • Automatic server wizard that will let you set a rule to automatically add all existing and all future new devices to specific servers (i.e., according to folder, according to device type, etc)
  • Device editor that will let the user build complications and, in a way, wrap their devices and map the Indigo-HomeKit functions and data (this is going to take a lot and may not make it to the first release, we'll see)

Also interested in your favorite or least favorite features of the plugin. This is going to open to the next group of testers as soon as I have the startup issue resolve, then one more group and then the world :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:04 pm
martinc offline

Hi, how can I try the beta version, link above does not work for me.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 pm
ZachBenz offline

As I was prepping to go through the list of devices as requested, I noticed a bug in editing existing device mappings:

1. Double click an existing HomeKit Bridge Server device in Indigo that has existing device mappings
    2. Click "Edit Device Settings..."
    3. Select a device in the list
    4. Select "Edit" from the Action drop down, then click Go
    5. Note that the Device: drop down says "-select an item-", and that if you try to re-select the device, it's not in the drop down list
    6. Simply trying to ignore this, click Save without making an edits - you will get a warning that you haven't filled in all the necessary information

The workaround for now is to delete the device completely then re-add it.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:07 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Read a couple messages back. Uncheck the box.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm
ZachBenz offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

Ah, missed that, thanks.

Note, though, that it doesn't appear back in the drop down list even after I use the Delete action unless I subsequently save, then reopen the settings. But perhaps this is simply a limitation of how Indigo populates the drop down menus?

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm
ZachBenz offline

ZachBenz wrote:
Colorado4Wheeler wrote:

Ah, missed that, thanks.

Note, though, that it doesn't appear back in the drop down list even after I use the Delete action unless I subsequently save, then reopen the settings. But perhaps this is simply a limitation of how Indigo populates the drop down menus?

Actually, still an issue - even with the box unchecked, and all the fields filled in, I get an "Error validating fields" unless I choose a different device.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The only way to not be on the list is the checkbox, it’s hidden. It’s excluded or it is already on the list as something else. That last one wasn’t enforced until two releases ago.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm
ZachBenz offline

Action Group (as a switch)
  Works as expected

Battery Service (Unsupported)
  (Unsupported by HomeKit currently, can't test)

Contact Sensor
  Doesn't work - I tried adding a DSC Alarm sensor (indigo.Device.com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm.alarmZone), but it doesn't have a standard 'on' state.  For kicks I tried adding "indigo.Device.com.frightideas.indigoplugin.dscAlarm.alarmZone": "state_state.open" to the requiredv2 map in service_ContactSensor, but that didn't work - I'm guessing its because characteristic_ContactSensorState expects a 0/1 value, not true/false.  Anyway, here's the relevant state information dump from this Indigo device type:

states : States : (dict)
     LastChangedShort : 3m (string)
     LastChangedTimer : 3 (integer)
     bypass : nobypass (string)
     bypass.bypassed : false (bool)
     bypass.nobypass : true (bool)
     state : closed (string)
     state.closed : true (bool)
     state.open : false (bool)
     state.tripped : false (bool)

Door
  I don't have any devices of this type

Fan Version 2
  Doesn't function when trying with SenseMe Fan plugin devices (indigo.Device.com.pennypacker.indigoplugin.senseme.SenseME_fan).  Relevant state info dump:

states : States : (dict)
     brightness : 0 (integer)
     fan : off (on/off bool)
     fan_motion : ON (string)
     light : off (on/off bool)
     light_motion : off (on/off bool)
     motion : on (on/off bool)
     smartmode : OFF (string)
     speed : 0 (integer)
     statusString : off / on (string)
     whoosh : off (on/off bool)

Garage Door Opener
  Works as expected

Humidity Sensor
  Don't have one to test

Leak Sensor
  Works as expected

Light Sensor
  Don't have one to test

Lightbulb
  Works as expected

Lock Mechanism
  Don't have one to test

Microphone (Unsupported)

Motion Sensor
  For me this is the same as Contact Sensor above, as it is the same device type in Indigo (a DSC Alarm Plugin Alarm Zone device)

Occupancy Sensor
  Don't have one to test

Outlet
  Don't have one to test

Smoke Sensor
  Same story as Contact Sensor and Motion Sensor

Speaker (Unsupported)

Switch
  Works as expected.

Temperature Sensor
  Don't have one to test

Thermostat
  Wonky.  NEST Thermostat,

Window:
  (don't have any devices of this type)

Window Covering:
  Works as planned with my Z-Wave shades
  Doesn't work (and didn't expect it to) with a Virtual Group of shades (com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.devicecollection) - makes sense, since a Virtual Group doesn't have a brightness attribute, just a boolean onState; and, of course, a future Many-to-One complication would handle this just dandy

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thank you!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Coolcaper offline

I’ve been having some HomePod and home app issues. Nothing related to HomeKit bridge but haven’t been able to test anything with beta 12. Will get back once all solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 26 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26