HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

JustJack wrote:
I just added an Insteon wireless door sensor (triggerlinc) I expected that the device type would have been autodetected as a Contact device but it came up as a motion sensor.

Can you please post a data dump of that device so I can set up the auto config? Motion sensor is the fall back in case it cannot determine it is something else.

Code: Select all
indigo.server.log (unicode(indigo.device[DEVICEID]))

JustJack wrote:
I was not sure if I should have also selected invert state as I thought that the release notes said that this device type was one of the first to report state inverted

If ON = the sensor is engaged and, thus, closed then yes it should have. Can you post the above dump in both the closed and open states so I can make sure the logic is right? I don't have this so I can only go off what I think it will be. I know Different's contact sensors are spot on, so it's unique to your device type.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:52 pm
JustJack offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
JustJack wrote:
I just added an Insteon wireless door sensor (triggerlinc) I expected that the device type would have been autodetected as a Contact device but it came up as a motion sensor.

Can you please post a data dump of that device so I can set up the auto config? Motion sensor is the fall back in case it cannot determine it is something else.

indigo.server.log (unicode(indigo.device[DEVICEID]))

JustJack wrote:
I was not sure if I should have also selected invert state as I thought that the release notes said that this device type was one of the first to report state inverted

If ON = the sensor is engaged and, thus, closed then yes it should have. Can you post the above dump in both the closed and open states so I can make sure the logic is right? I don't have this so I can only go off what I think it will be. I know Different's contact sensors are spot on, so it's unique to your device type.

I'll send that as soon as I get back to the house.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok folks, I'm having trouble reproducing the issue of when you create a new server that you have to restart the plugin to get it to start or that when you create it that it tries to start without the ports being defined.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:49:53 PM
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1371873788 for "new device 1"
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'new device 1' has changed ports or users, validating config
   SQL Logger                      adding column "onoffstate_ui" to table device_history_1371873788 ("new device 1")
   HomeKit Bridge                  Rebuilding configuration for 'new device 1'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'new device 1'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'new device 1' has been started

So could you please try this and detail precisely what you did so I can reproduce the problem? In the above situation:

1. Add new device
  2. Select HomeKit Bridge
  3. Select Server
  4. Change celsius to fahrenheit
  5. Click OK (didn't add any devices)

This will help me to see if I can reproduce it in my current system and then also when I try it on a fresh copy of Indigo. Also, if it does not start as expected then please check the following folder and see if there is a subfolder with the device ID of the new server:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge

Thank you!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:00 pm
Different Computers offline

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'F bridge' has changed ports or users, validating config
   HomeKit Bridge                  Rebuilding configuration for 'F bridge'
   HomeKit Bridge                  Attempting to start 'F bridge'
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit server 'F bridge' has been started

All per your instructions.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

So your new server worked perfectly. Good to know! Thanks!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I think I have located the issue, the people who didn't work initially must had created the server and just immediately click OK to save it because that's the only failure point because there was no validation to check if the ports and username were blank until I just added it to Beta 9, if you changed even one single field in the server it would have forced the three key fields to populate. Let me know if you think this is not a full solution, but I think it probably is.

It's the difference between:
  1. Add new device
  2. Select HomeKit Bridge
  3. Select Server
  4. Change celsius to fahrenheit

to make it work and:

It's the difference between:
  1. Add new device
  2. Select HomeKit Bridge
  3. Select Server
  4. Change celsius to fahrenheit <<<<------- this doesn't happen, no changes are made whatsoever

To break it.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, another big update as Beta 9 is now published (click this to download).

For those watching from the stands wondering how this is going, here's the current supported native HomeKit devices (bolded items are new to this beta release):

• Action Groups
  • Battery Service (Unsupported)
  • Contact Sensor
  • Fan Version 2
  • Garage Door Opener
  • Humidity Sensor
  • Leak Sensor
  • Light Sensor
  • Lightbulb
  • Lock Mechanism
  • Microphone (Unsupported)
  • Motion Sensor
  • Outlet
  • Smoke Sensor
  • Speaker (Unsupported)
  • Switch
  • Thermostat

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 am

Updated to newest, added a smoke detector and a flood sensor, and now I'm seeing
 HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.onAfter_nonpluginDeviceUpdated line 372: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'actions'
                      CODE: for a in obj.actions:

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.onAfter_nonpluginDeviceUpdated line 372: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'actions'

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Can you edit the smoke detector in your server config and verify that you have set it to Smoke Sensor? That error should only happen if the HK type is empty or the device isn't really on the list.

I just tested it on mine and it works fine. By the way, cool feature is that leak, smoke, CO2 and all safety equipment will do a notification if tripped.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 am

done. Same error.

Is there a way to be sure it's the smoke sensor?

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
done. Same error.

Is there a way to be sure it's the smoke sensor?

Odd, mine works fine. Can you do a data dump so I can see why it may be complaining? Without me adding some special debug code for that part of the code there's now way to know what the cause is. I even swapped a few other things to smoke sensors like motion sensors and leak sensors and they all do what they should because it's based on the onState of the sensor. Odd indeed. I bet it's your device type.

The only way to know if it's the smoke sensor is if it breaks ONLY when you add one.

indigo.server.log(unicode(indigo.devices[DEVICEID]))

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:54 am

sent via PM.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 pm
ZachBenz offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I think I have located the issue, the people who didn't work initially must had created the server and just immediately click OK to save it because that's the only failure point because there was no validation to check if the ports and username were blank until I just added it to Beta 9, if you changed even one single field in the server it would have forced the three key fields to populate. Let me know if you think this is not a full solution, but I think it probably is.

I just installed v0.9 from a clean install, and even with clicking to select Farenheit, still had to reload the plugin once to get the server to start. Or am I misunderstanding?

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm
ZachBenz offline

Apologies if this was already noted in the thread or notes (I looked but didn't see it)... but, one odd behavior I'm noticing is this:

I've added a few different kinds of Lightbulb type devices (e.g. a Hue Group, an Insteon dimmer switch, etc.). This works great! I can say, e.g., "Hey Siri, turn on Master Bedroom". I can then right after that say "Hey Siri, turn off Master Bedroom", and this works fine with no delay.

But, if I control the same device (Master Bedroom) from the Home app in iOS 11.2.5 by clicking its button, it turns on, but then a wait spinner shows on the device in the app for 30 seconds. In Indigo, the following error pops up (and note also that the device was told to set to 100 twice):

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:50:34 PM
   Sent INSTEON                    "Master Bedroom Cans" on to 100
   Sent INSTEON                    "Master Bedroom Cans" on to 100

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:51:01 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Maximum time exceeded while setting the 'On' HomeKit characteristic for 'Master Bedroom Cans' (HomeKit device 'Master Bedroom Cans'), aborting attempt.  This can happen if you try to set a device to a state is is already in (i.e., turning off a device that is already off).

This error doesn't appear it all when controlling the device via Siri, only via the Home app.

Also, another small thing I noted: If I rename the HomeKit Bridge Server device in Indigo (that is, the Indigo device name), and do nothing else, it proceeds to stop the server and then restart it. Seems like that likely isn't explicitly necessary.
Last edited by ZachBenz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm
ZachBenz offline

ZachBenz wrote:
But, if I control the same device (Master Bedroom) from the Home app in iOS 11.2.5 by clicking it's button, it turns on, but then a wait spinner shows on the device in the app for 30 seconds. In Indigo, the following error pops up (and note also that the device was told to set to 100 twice):

Oh, and the 30 second delay and error message only occur when turning the lightbulb On in the Home app; no problem whatsoever when turning it Off.

Page 9 of 26 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26