Irrigation Extension on Multiple Sprinkler Devices

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Irrigation Extension on Multiple Sprinkler Devices

That's great news. Once I saw those errors in your log I knew exactly what the problem was, it was trying to add up the total watering time for zones that were disabled and dying - and once that happens the rest of the routines fail (like showing watering times). I have already started working on a patch to resolve that problem so you can return to having the zones disabled but at least for now there is a nice big band-aid on it to make it work.

Hopefully have that patch out in a day or two.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:26 pm
akimball offline

I sure appreciate the hard work and yes I've wanted this for a long time. Still can't edit while out in the yard but maybe your new plugin when ready will fix that. Sure appreciate it. Yes, I do a bit of programming myself (electrical engineer... I build switches and routers and power supplies... and oh my ... for the military...). I know that how you handle zero values can sometimes be tricky when you take into account that they are used to enable/disable zones.

Again, sure appreciate it. I'll send you a revised picture of my sprinkler controller when I get it all looking pretty complete with the new information.

-al
Last edited by akimball on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Fantastic Al, glad I was able to give you my [relatively] undivided attention tonight to get those last ghosts out of the system. From my end I appreciate the feedback (even if it does get frustrating) so I can improve the plugin for everyone else in the meantime :).

Keep your eyes peeled on the release notice for Device Extensions, I'll get that update out as soon as I can.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:31 pm
akimball offline

Will do. Told you I'm good at breaking things lol :) TIA

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:50 pm
akimball offline

Quick suggestion. It may help screen update times to allow a format of HH:MM for countdown timers. Seconds never matter until the last minute anyway.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Noted.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:07 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

akimball wrote:
I would like her to be able to adjust this herself using nothing more than Indigo Touch. So she taps the number 30, Indigo Touch throws up a number entry screen, she types in say "25" and hits the okay button. The number entry screen vanishes and the list of numbers changes to "20, 20, 25, 15, 20, 40, 0, 20" .... or something like that.

Done ... mostly :). Check out the new plugin called Control Page Keypad. The notion of "the number screen vanishes" isn't really there, but you could simply use the control page option to "go back" when she hits the enter button (and runs the "send" action).

Check Them Out Here