Extension: URL Toggle Device

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:34 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: New Extension: URL Toggle Device

I had considered adding some authentication methods in but was trying to keep it a really small addition to the plugin and figured most folks could use the http://name:password@ method on their URL but I'll see about adding this method in as well.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

PeteVis wrote:
This would be a super useful plugin if you could make it a little more flexible...

I've put up a pre-release of 1.6 if you want to download it and try out the new functionality added to the URL toggle. The username and password are obvious, but the URL may be confusing. In the three URL fields you will put in the command itself, i.e., "irMode=3", and in the command URL you put the query URL of "http://10.0.1.50/eng/admin/adv_audiovideo.cgi".

Please let me know how it goes, I'm working on a few other things in that plugin as well so once I'm sure your tests work fine I can publish the update.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:45 am
PeteVis offline

It works very nicely :D

The camera has actually both an on and off command : irMode=2 == off and irMode=3 ==on, so putting those in the respective on and off fields makes it act as an actual IR switch for this camera.
I'm very happy with this, now I can remove my actions and variables, this is so much more elegant.

Thanks !

Posted on
Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know :).

Check Them Out Here