Powermiser Plugin

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Powermiser Plugin

IndigoPluginDownload.png
IndigoPluginDownload.png (14.88 KiB) Viewed 48371 times

Introduction

This plugin lets you select one or more devices to be in an "Auto-Off" group. When the device is turned on (either by hand or through Indigo - user configurable) a timer will start and once the timer hits zero the light will turn off. Each light has it's own timer so if you have 10 lights that get turned on at 10 different times then they will get turned off at 10 different times. You can extend the duration of the auto-off by simply turning on the light again or keep it on by turning it on a configurable number of times.

NOTE: This plugin only support Insteon devices since certain Z-Wave network commands are not yet implemented in the plugin API.

I've been wanting to convert my numerous "auto-off" triggers to a plugin for some time. I have different auto-off requirements for different places, my bathroom fans get 15 minutes while my motion sensor activated lights get 3 and this lets me group like "times" together and then extend those times or keep them on forever by simply hitting the switch again.

Download and Installation

Install according to the Indigo documentation.

Download Plugin (Indigo File Library)

Configuration and Use

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 6.10.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 6.10.49 PM.png (127.17 KiB) Viewed 47900 times

• Devices: One or more devices to include in this group. Each device is treated individually so when one times out it only impacts that one light, not the others in the group
  • Auto Off: Once a light is turned on this is how many minutes until it turns off automatically
  • Only When Physically Turned On: If this is selected then any "On" commands sent from Indigo will be ignored. This is so you can use automation to turn the light on as you need but if someone turns it on manually the timer kicks in
  • Extend Duration: You can optionally choose to extend the duration until auto-off by turning an already On device On again (or pressing the switch again)
  • Minutes to Extend By: If you want to extend the duration this is how much each On command extends the duration by. This is cumulative so if you put 3 minutes here and turn the device on three times then it will turn off in 9 minutes from the first turn on
  • Repeats Before Staying On: Lets face it, auto off can be an annoying feature, sometimes you want the light to just stay on, this lets you configure how many taps it takes to keep the light on.

Conditions (New in 1.1)
Powermiser now supports extremely robust conditioning for when an auto-off should be used. For full documentation on conditions please refer to the Conditions Documentation Topic

Conditions - Date Time.png
Conditions - Date Time.png (45.1 KiB) Viewed 47901 times

Advanced

Plans for upcoming updates:
  • Z-Wave support (hopefully in version 7 or soon after)
  • X10 support (does anyone actually use X10 anymore?)

Right now you can only have a device in one group, but when I get the conditions in place I'll change that.

#Version|1.2#

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New Plugin: Powermiser

Approved in the Library. Thanks for yet another great addition!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:22 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks for another library approval :). By now are you considering hiring someone full time just to approve my plugins? :D

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am
durosity offline

I'll do it for £30k a year!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:36 am
durosity offline

(Which based on current values of the pound is about $1.66 or something)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:18 am
Sevilsivle offline

Is this year one of those 1 in every thousand years leap years?

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:41 am
howartp offline

No fair - me want ZWave! Me want ZWave! Me want ZWave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

howartp wrote:
No fair - me want ZWave! Me want ZWave! Me want ZWave!

When the great wizards add the needed functionality to the Indigo API you'll have it :)

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:05 pm
howartp offline

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:11 pm
durosity offline

Jay's too busy building our new house to work on indigo 7! Speaking of Jay I want the master bedroom, you can have one of the guest rooms!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

LOL - you'll have to take that up with the spouse. And dog. And cat.

You won't like them.

Especially the cat, she's nuts...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:01 pm
durosity offline

Well we've got 4 cats.. So better make sure there's plenty of places for them all!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

This plugin has been updated and now supports conditioning :). That's like four of my wish list items ticked off in one update.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:46 pm
dnomode offline

Great plugin. Thanks.

I have several timers setup that require 5 to 9 steps to accomplish what I want. Not even close to how nice this plugin is. Thanks

I was wondering if it's possible to add a warning that your lights are about to turn off and a maximum that we can extend the ON time length? For example, 5 minutes before the Kitchen Light turn off Indigo dims the lights by 45% and the back up to the original level. This allows my wife to hit the on button again to add 30 more minutes. Every push will give us an addition 30 minutes of ON time up to a max of 2 hours.

Would something like this work with this plugin?

Thanks for the great plugin.

Edmond

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:39 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

dnomode wrote:
I was wondering if it's possible to add a warning that your lights are about to turn off

That was in the original draft of this plugin and has been on the to-do list since I released it. I hid it in the plugin because it was causing some issues but the next release of Powermiser will have it for sure.

Check Them Out Here