Powermiser Plugin

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: New Plugin: Powermiser

dnomode wrote:
maximum that we can extend the ON time length?

Pretty easy to add, I'll put that in the next release as well.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 am
dnomode offline

Re: New Plugin: Powermiser

Right on. Thx.
Edmond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 am
dz1rfj offline

Re: Powermiser Plugin

dnomode wrote:
Great plugin. Thanks.

I have several timers setup that require 5 to 9 steps to accomplish what I want. Not even close to how nice this plugin is. Thanks

I was wondering if it's possible to add a warning that your lights are about to turn off and a maximum that we can extend the ON time length? For example, 5 minutes before the Kitchen Light turn off Indigo dims the lights by 45% and the back up to the original level. This allows my wife to hit the on button again to add 30 more minutes. Every push will give us an addition 30 minutes of ON time up to a max of 2 hours.

Would something like this work with this plugin?

Thanks for the great plugin.

Edmond

Edmond- for your kitchen, have you considered a motion sensor setup? I created (thanks to the forums users) a motion flow that says when the lights are on ( a virtual switch is set to on if any kitchen light is on) if motion is sensed after the vswitch is on, start a countdown of 10 minutes. If no motion is sensed before countdown, lights turn off, if motion is sensed before the timer hits zero, it resets and gives another 10 minutes...

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

dz1rfj wrote:
for your kitchen, have you considered a motion sensor setup

While that is completely legitimate, the purpose of Powermiser was to cut down on how many triggers you have in your system to accomplish the simple task of turning lights off automatically. So instead of 20 triggers for 20 rooms and 20 lights, you can create 1 or 2 Powermiser devices that do the exact same thing without the need for motion sensors at all, let alone the triggers and stuff that go along with turning things off.

dz1rfj wrote:
start a countdown of 10 minutes. If no motion is sensed before countdown, lights turn off, if motion is sensed before the timer hits zero, it resets and gives another 10 minutes...

That is exactly what Powermiser does but without all the extra setup in Indigo.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:04 am
dnomode offline

dz1rfj wrote:

Edmond- for your kitchen, have you considered a motion sensor setup? I created (thanks to the forums users) a motion flow that says when the lights are on ( a virtual switch is set to on if any kitchen light is on) if motion is sensed after the vswitch is on, start a countdown of 10 minutes. If no motion is sensed before countdown, lights turn off, if motion is sensed before the timer hits zero, it resets and gives another 10 minutes...

I do use motion sensor, however my motion sensors don't detect us if we are standing around and working in the same spot or sitting at the kitchenette. When my motion sensors do detect someone it adds 30 minutes to the timer.

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:59 pm
dz1rfj offline

Makes sense, about the motion not triggering if sitting still, I use two , one at the kitchen table, and on on the other side..I look forward to the plugin supporting zwave, as I would love to be able to use those features. I use the motion because my wife was yelling at me every the lights turned off..the motion leaves them on a bit longer than needed, but if she is happy, well, you know the saying. The power miser sounds awesome, and I look forward to using it...

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am
Korey offline

How about adding additional devices to trigger?

IE I use the DSC plugin with motion sensors to trigger lights, it would be great if i could select one of the motion sensors to trigger this plugin.

Great work on all your plugins, keep 'em coming!

:D

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 am
KSimmons offline

Loved the Powermiser plug-in, and have been using for some time now.

However, lately, it has ceased to function, and is no longer configurable. When I try adding a new auto-off device, the "Device" field is blank (see attachment), and I cannot proceed without being able to select a device to control.

I have removed the plug-in, reinstalled, re-synced all Indigo devices, to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

– Kevin
Attachments
ishot-1.jpg
ishot-1.jpg (47.98 KiB) Viewed 5155 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'll take a look this week at the release on the store, not sure why it would suddenly break on you. Did you change anything or upgrade?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:56 am
DaveL17 offline

You might try doing another fresh install with the following steps if you didn't take them all before.

disable the plugin
stop the Indigo server
exit Indigo
delete the plugin file
delete the plugin preference file
restart the server
re-install the plugin

I've found in some cases that the plugin preferences file can get into a bad state (this has happened to some of my plugins) and I've found that deleting the preferences file can set things right. An added bonus of recreating the preferences file is that it will ensure the preferences file itself is clean and up to date and reflects the latest configuration options only.

tl;dr: in some of my plugins, I write values to the preferences file on an interval basis--for example, poll intervals--which results in routine read/writes of the preferences file itself. I'm not sure, but I suspect that there are situations where a user opens or closes the configuration file at the same time that the plugin is trying to read from or write to it (and may be exacerbated depending on if/how Indigo caches the preferences file during these operations. This is not Indigo's fault and (regardless) I plan to move to a different architecture to try to eliminate this rare problem in the future.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:39 pm
dnomode offline

Hello,

I'm also having the same problem that Kevin is having.

Screenshot 2018-10-02 19.33.43.png
Screenshot 2018-10-02 19.33.43.png (106.08 KiB) Viewed 4747 times

I've also tried the below

You might try doing another fresh install with the following steps if you didn't take them all before.

disable the plugin
stop the Indigo server
exit Indigo
delete the plugin file
delete the plugin preference file
restart the server
re-install the plugin

I've found in some cases that the plugin preferences file can get into a bad state (this has happened to some of my plugins) and I've found that deleting the preferences file can set things right. An added bonus of recreating the preferences file is that it will ensure the preferences file itself is clean and up to date and reflects the latest configuration options only.

Any Ideas?
Edmond

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'll see if I can download the plugin store copy today and replicate the problem on a fresh Indigo.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am
dnomode offline

Not sure if this will help or not, however I get the following error when the Configure Auto Off window opens u.

Any ides?

Thanks
Edmond

Code: Select all
Oct 7, 2018, 1:06:01 PM
   EPS - Powermiser Error          Exception in ui._cacheResults line 206: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
                      CODE: if len(results) == 0 or index == "" or targetId == 0: return

EPS - Powermiser Error          Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:

Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: Expecting an object of type list; got an object of type NoneType instead

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:05 pm
KSimmons offline

As did Edmond, I tried the reinstall using the steps that DaveL17 suggested. The plug-in still does not populate the "Devices" field, so I have nothing to select.

I notice the following errors in the log when Powermiser was installed, however (see attachment).

I apologize for not responding sooner, I simply did not check the forum for a response until this week.

– Kevin
Attachments
ishot-1.jpg
ishot-1.jpg (120.99 KiB) Viewed 4640 times

Posted on
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:49 am
KSimmons offline

"I'll take a look this week at the release on the store, not sure why it would suddenly break on you. Did you change anything or upgrade?"

In response from this earlier question: I did upgrade to Indigo 7, and then Indigo 7.2, but I can't pinpoint exactly when the plug-in stopped functioning.

What is also odd is I have several devices that were programmed to shut off using Powermiser before this failure of the plug-in was noticed. The plug-in still seems to be working with those devices (despite the missing "Devices" field). However, I can no longer program new devices, nor modify existing ones.

– Kevin