Alarm Clock Plugin

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 am
lukebrannon offline

Re: Alarm Clock Plugin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Check that the device properties include a duration, that error indicates that it may be blank.

Looks like all values are populated in device properties. Is there any more debug info I can post?

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:14 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. That message and the code behind it says that there is no duration - are you setting the duration in your control page? Remember that this is a control page centric plugin so all the fields must be sent to the plugin via the control page. There's an update coming soon but it isn't ready just yet.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 pm
Professor Falken offline

Great plug in! I think I will use this as a large bedside clock that doubles as full house control.

Two requests if you do an update:

1) +1 on the removal of the pm dot and perhaps a way to write in pm. I love the LCD creator look, and I even use it on some weather pages, but I want to make very large numerals for my bedside clock so I'm sticking with the built in text display in the CP's for this project. Ideally, a device state of just AM or PM on the alarm time setting would be really cool, because then the user could trigger whatever display of this info they wanted on the CP.

2) In a similar vein, might there be any way to remove the padded zero for single digit hours? I see that in the Python date format documentation there doesn't seem to be a way to have non-padded hours, so maybe this is easier said than done. I'm also trying to figure out a way to do this on the main time display (driving this with a variable, as I didn't see a state in the plugin for current time).

Both of these might be solvable on the user end via some control page display tricks or using your conversion device plugin with some variables, but I figured I'd ask in case you are working on an update.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:45 am
Professor Falken offline

This thing is really cool. I was going to hobble together a bunch of schedules/triggers/variables to create this functionality and run it from a CP, but you have put it all in one place. I hadn't yet figured out how I was going to change a schedule (say, next alarm activation) via a CP linked action (button push). Figured it would involve manipulating a variable which would then somehow interact with a schedule. Now I don't have to.

Usage question:

If I have a reliably repeating weekly schedule, with different wake times on different days, and my goal is to have the alarm clock mostly set itself correctly each night, is the most efficient system to make multiple devices, one for each day of the week?

For example, If I get up at 5:00 am on Monday, but 6:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 5:30 on Saturday, there is no easy way to have that programmed into a single device instance of the plugin, right? I would assume that I need to create one for each different day (or, at least, for each different time), and then when I turn off the alarm in the morning via CP action, I'm resetting that one for the same day the following week, and I'm "arming" the alarm clock device for the next day of the week. Is this right, or am I missing something? I'm not in front of my Indigo system right now, but I don't believe there was a way to use a scheduled action to just set the next alarm time with an absolute time.

I'll have to think about how that works from a display perspective on a CP. I think I would also have to make 7 different clock CP's, or perhaps when I display the alarm time, have that be in a variable (which in turn is driven by the insert device state function) instead of the actual device state.

But maybe I'm missing something. Could a script or something alter the device state for the next alarm? That way I'd just have to make schedules for the different days rather than a bunch of individual devices.

Thanks for the advice, and for such a great plugin.

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am
Seeker offline

No comments other than thank you. This plugin is awesome.

For years I've been using manual schedules with a couple of toggle variables and limited control page visibility. This is replacing my wake up alarm immediately.

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:17 am
hamw offline

C4W, thanks for this great plugin. Was wondering if you could incorporate a snooze function. Currently I can snooze my Applescript Alarm Clock via pushing a button on a Keypad Linc. That will shut it down for a definable period.

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I"ll add that to the list. Alarm Clock hasn't gotten a lot of love lately and I was thinking about doing a big update on just today.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 pm
Seeker offline

i just noticed my 'time until next alarm' device on my control page is not working. it shows zero. also, the increase hour/minute buttons simply toggle the alarm on/off.

very odd as this worked perfectly for weeks and worked fine last friday. i restarted the plugin, no luck.

any ideas?

edit:

with alarm off, when i hit a control to change the alarm time, i get this:

Code: Select all
WebServer                       request to execute "Mac" control #140 from 192.168.1.45
   EPS - Alarm Clock Debug         wake up alarm clock plugin is currently in an active state, skipping calculation
   EPS - Alarm Clock Debug         Plugin device wake up alarm clock plugin was updated

...and the alarm turns back on.

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That message is saying that the alarm in question is running right now for it's duration, so it's currently active and you cannot change an active alarm. Try toggling the active state off and see if that fixes it.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 pm
Seeker offline

thanks, but toggling on/off does not fix it. same behavior.

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I’ll see if I can look into it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 am
Seeker offline

very odd, but i left it in an armed state over night with a backup phone alarm. i was up when it was scheduled to go off (even though 'time until... said 0:00). it did NOT go off. but just now i toggled it on/off and the time until shows 23:49 as it should! and the hour/minute up/down triggers seem to work! no ideas what was up with it not setting properly this time.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

So everything is back to normal? I still think it was stuck in an active state, I'll see if I can put something in the plugin to force it to an idle state if that happens again. If it does happen again please let me know all the settings for your alarm so I can try to replicate the issue.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm
Seeker offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
So everything is back to normal? I still think it was stuck in an active state, I'll see if I can put something in the plugin to force it to an idle state if that happens again. If it does happen again please let me know all the settings for your alarm so I can try to replicate the issue.

yes, it is working properly now.

i installed this plugin originally on Dec 2, set it up, never changed anything, and it ran flawlessly until yesterday. very odd.

it apparently was stuck, but a re-load would not unstick it.

all good for now. thanks for this great plugin.

Posted on
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:07 am
hamw offline

Awesome plugin! This will be able to sub out for the AS actions I have been using to set time.

Wanted to mention that I am getting this error, and the day of the week toggle triggering the error seems to be stuck on. This error randomly occurs on various day of the week toggles? If reloaded it goes away.

Code: Select all
 EPS - Alarm Clock Error         Control page attempted to turn off every day of the week, this isn't possible.  It's easier to just turn off the alarm!

I checked that the toggle is set up correctly and it is for all days. It seems to affect the first day button pressed following a reload. Also the time advance increments do not always work?

Thanks for a really useful plugin!