Snapshot for on and off?

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 am
nanobots offline

Snapshot for on and off?

Hey C4W, looks like a great plugin. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, but looking through the documentation it looks like part of the functionality I would like may be missing and I wanted to see if this was intentional or if I'm thinking about it the wrong way.

I currently have a movie mode setup where, when enabled, it turns off most of the lights in the living/kitchen area, but set the undercabinet lights in the kitchen to a low level. When the scene is turned off I want the kitchen lights and living room lights to come on to certain brightnesses. Based on the documentation it looks like the plugin supports either restoring the previous state or turning all the devices off. Instead I think what I would want is to use a different snapshot for the scene off functionality, I'm not sure if this is possible?

Does this make sense, is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Snapshot for on and off?

nanobots wrote:
Based on the documentation it looks like the plugin supports either restoring the previous state or turning all the devices off

That is true, but there are two "previous modes", one is a mode that is static and always saved and one is dynamic. Dynamic says "remember what the lights are at now so when the scene is turned off those lights go back to where they were" and static says "I'm going to set the lights right now to a certain level, then snapshot it and that is the level I want them returned to when the scene is turned off".

So, based on that, I believe it will work for your needs.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1