Bridging TO HomeKit with HomeBridge???

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 pm
Different Computers offline

Bridging TO HomeKit with HomeBridge???

Hey, brainstorming out loud here.

I'm going to pick up the HomeKit enabled Nanoleaf Aurora today. No Indigo plugin for it yet.

But if it works with HomeKit, can't I make an automation in the Home app that will notice when Indigo turns on some device that's in HomeBridge, and have the Home automation kick off an action for the Aurora that way?

I don't have any solely HomeKit stuff now, so I've yet to know if they all show up in the same Home app.

Will something like this work?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:38 pm
rehafer offline

Re: Bridging TO HomeKit with HomeBridge???

I use the Home app / HomeKit / Homebridge to track if I'm at home. I have a virtual switch in Indigo that is linked a AtHome variable. HomeKit turns it on or off based geofencing automations; most reliable way I've found so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am

I can confirm that this works.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 am
Brady offline

I'm not 100% everyone is on the same page.

HomeKit trigger ----> Indigo works no problem

Indigo trigger ------> HomeKit, I'm not sure that will work.

The Indigo Homebridge plugin does not actively poll indigo states and Indigo does not push anything directly to Homebridge. Whenever I open the Home app it will on demand query the status of Indigo device.

That is my experience with Homebridge anyway.

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 pm

I probably didn't describe this well. Here's what I do:

Indigo notices something I want HomeKit to know. Indigo turns on a spare plug I just use as a z-wave repeater for now.

HomeBridge updates the device status to HomeKit.

HomeKit has an automation that triggers when that repeater turns on. It does... well, whatever.

That's it!

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:54 pm
Brady offline

Different Computers wrote:
I probably didn't describe this well. Here's what I do:

Indigo notices something I want HomeKit to know. Indigo turns on a spare plug I just use as a z-wave repeater for now.

HomeBridge updates the device status to HomeKit.

HomeKit has an automation that triggers when that repeater turns on. It does... well, whatever.

That's it!

MIND. BLOWN. I seem to have been on an old version of the webdeck homebridge plugin. I see now that this functionality was committed to the github repo about 9 months ago.

Sorry for the confusion, looks like I need to do some updating this evening! :D

Page 1 of 1