Understanding why Room assignment doesn't stick/won't work

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:26 am
Different Computers offline

Understanding why Room assignment doesn't stick/won't work

I thought I was dealing with a one time glitch, but it has happened multiple times now, and I can't pin down what's making it happen.

My iOS Home app loses room assignments for devices. They end up back in the Default Room. I can't figure out what triggers this--Is it when my AppleTV does a software update or otherwise restarts? It's not based on my Indigo Mac rebooting, or on HomeBridge being restarted--at least not solely any one of those things. Would it happen any time any one of those things happens?

And is there any way to not have to reassign them every time?

Also, about 10% of devices/actions exposed to the Home app REFUSE to be assigned to a room. Always the same 5-6 devices. I can go to device details in Home, select a room, but the screen refresh after selecting the room still shows Default Room.

Any ideas?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:18 am
jalves offline

Re: Understanding why Room assignment doesn't stick/won't wo

Glad to learn I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I can't add any good insight as to how/when/why this happens, but its not an isolated occurrence.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:56 am
webdeck offline

I've had it happen to me as well. There is hope that the next major revision of the homebridge server will add support for syncing room assignment, using a future update of the Hesperus iOS app to assign the rooms specified by homebridge (since room assignment is only possible via an iOS app.) This is the thread discussing those future enhancements to homebridge: https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/issues/1039

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm
edrabbit offline

I also spent way too long categorizing all my devices into rooms only to find them gone for some reason. Anyone figure out what's up?

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 pm
webdeck offline

edrabbit wrote:
I also spent way too long categorizing all my devices into rooms only to find them gone for some reason. Anyone figure out what's up?

I'm curious - have you updated to the latest version? The underlying homebridge code was updated to supposedly address this, and I'm wondering if it worked or not.

Thanks,
-Mike

Page 1 of 1