IOS 10 Beta

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 am
rehafer offline

IOS 10 Beta

Has anyone installed the public beta and tried Homebridge, Siri, Home app with indigo plugin?
My iPhone is also my work phone so I stay away from Betas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 am
Londonmark offline

Re: IOS 10 Beta

Yes. Seems fine with Indigo and the Home app is good (with homebridge). Really like being able to swipe up on the lock screen, see status of devices and control them.

Posted on
Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 am
jalves offline

I've installed the new iOS 10 beta on an iPad mini. When I first opened the Indigo Touch app I got a warning message that it wasn't optimized for 64 bit and that might cause some problems. However, after dismissing the alert the App seems to function just fine.

Haven't yet tried homebridge.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:26 am
Umtauscher offline

same here, hombridge works fine.
Cheers Wilhelm

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:28 am
durosity offline

Homebridge has been a bit flaky for some users according to GitHub postings.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:25 am
Umtauscher offline

I can only report about the Indigo and Harmony plugins. They work fine here.

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 pm
webdeck offline

Thanks for the reports. I don't have a spare phone that I can use to experiment with iOS betas, so please report any issues with iOS 10 here. Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm
Londonmark offline

So the one issue I have is with status updates to the new Home app. In principle it should know the status of my devices but most of the time it sits there without the status being updated. Is there any way of giving it a nudge through Homebridge she a device state changes?

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:52 pm
webdeck offline

Londonmark wrote:
So the one issue I have is with status updates to the new Home app. In principle it should know the status of my devices but most of the time it sits there without the status being updated. Is there any way of giving it a nudge through Homebridge she a device state changes?

Homebridge is unaware of anything you do outside of Homekit, so it won't reflect any changes to your devices. Since homebridge-indigo uses the RESTful API to communicate with Indigo; it has no way of being notified by Indigo when things change. I could make it continually poll Indigo, but that would be a lot of overhead on the server.

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:04 am
Londonmark offline

Understood. How bad would it if it polled every 15 seconds?

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:07 am
webdeck offline

Londonmark wrote:
Understood. How bad would it if it polled every 15 seconds?

Incredibly bad if you have a lot of devices. If you have 50 devices, that's 200 requests every minute to Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

webdeck wrote:
Homebridge is unaware of anything you do outside of Homekit, so it won't reflect any changes to your devices. Since homebridge-indigo uses the RESTful API to communicate with Indigo; it has no way of being notified by Indigo when things change. I could make it continually poll Indigo, but that would be a lot of overhead on the server.

You could write a plugin that subscribes to device changes, then from that plugin do whatever is necessary to let homebridge know about the change.

Just a thought... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 pm
webdeck offline

jay (support) wrote:
You could write a plugin that subscribes to device changes, then from that plugin do whatever is necessary to let homebridge know about the change.

Just a thought... ;)

I'll put it on my to do list. I wanted to learn more about plugin writing anyway. :)

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:39 pm
durosity offline

webdeck wrote:
jay (support) wrote:

Just a thought... ;)

I'll put it on my to do list. I wanted to learn more about plugin writing anyway. :)

I had been experimenting with writing my own plugin (about bloody time eh?) to manage the devices included in the config file but if you were planning to do that it’d probably make sense for it to all be included in one. Essentially all it was going to do was have a list of all devices that could be included and then write/remove them from the config.json file. Eventually as I developed it I’d have liked to have been able to check that Homebridge was running, auto check for updates and also add in the “treatas” options. Of course it would have taken me about a year to write it at my current pace of learning ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:42 pm
webdeck offline

durosity wrote:
webdeck wrote:
jay (support) wrote:

Just a thought... ;)

I had been experimenting with writing my own plugin (about bloody time eh?) to manage the devices included in the config file but if you were planning to do that it’d probably make sense for it to all be included in one. Essentially all it was going to do was have a list of all devices that could be included and then write/remove them from the config.json file. Eventually as I developed it I’d have liked to have been able to check that Homebridge was running, auto check for updates and also add in the “treatas” options. Of course it would have taken me about a year to write it at my current pace of learning ;)

I have no timeline for when/if I'll get to writing a plugin, so if you want to get started on it, please go for it!