Start/reload HomeKit from Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:14 am
DrLove offline

Start/reload HomeKit from Indigo?

Hi!

Just started to use this brilliant plugin! Love it so far.

Instead of using a delayed start w/ OSx like in the instructions, is it not better to have Indigo start the server/plugin w/ a trigger at startup? Is that possible? I guess you cant have 2 instances of the HomeKit server so if I only restart Indigo server (not OSx) it wont start another instance of HomeKit?!?

I have like 250 ID's so I have to use "include" and right now I make allot of changes to the Include list, is there a way to reload the HomeKit settings, from terminal or even better from Indigo? The 60 sec delay is kind of annoying ;)

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:14 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Start/reload HomeKit from Indigo?

I don't have an answer to your broader question, though it's an excellent question.

But I think you CAN have 2 HomeBridge servers, since someone here in the forums mentioned the HomeBridge-iTunes integration and that you can run it on the same computer that runs HomeBridge-Indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:54 pm
webdeck offline

DrLove wrote:
Hi!

Just started to use this brilliant plugin! Love it so far.

Instead of using a delayed start w/ OSx like in the instructions, is it not better to have Indigo start the server/plugin w/ a trigger at startup? Is that possible? I guess you cant have 2 instances of the HomeKit server so if I only restart Indigo server (not OSx) it wont start another instance of HomeKit?!?

I have like 250 ID's so I have to use "include" and right now I make allot of changes to the Include list, is there a way to reload the HomeKit settings, from terminal or even better from Indigo? The 60 sec delay is kind of annoying ;)

Best regards, L

Yes, you can't have two instances running, as they will both try to claim the same port. So if you were to do this, you would need to have a script that kills the previous instance before starting a new one. It should be doable with a little bit of scripting, if someone adventurous wants to give it a try.

The simplest answer to your question about making a lot of changes is to unload the launchctl item (launchctl unload -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist), and instead run homebridge directly from Terminal. Then you can press Control-C to stop it and restart it again on the Terminal as many times as you want until you're happy with the configuration, and then you can stop it one last time and then go back and load the launchctl item (launchctl load -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist) to have it autostart again (with the 60 second delay.)

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 pm
webdeck offline

Different Computers wrote:
But I think you CAN have 2 HomeBridge servers, since someone here in the forums mentioned the HomeBridge-iTunes integration and that you can run it on the same computer that runs HomeBridge-Indigo.

You can run multiple homebridge plugins by putting their configs into the same config.json. You don't need to run two instances of homebridge.

Page 1 of 1