No accessories found in iOS app but 2 created in Homebridge

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 pm
Nidocamen offline

No accessories found in iOS app but 2 created in Homebridge

I have Homebridge and the Indigo plugin up and running successfully (brand-new install). I've locked down my device IDs so that I just have the plugin show 2 of my Action Groups to make things a bit easier for early testing.

I can start up Homebridge and it shows all the devices that have been excluded and then shows "Created 2 accessories" which are the two Action Groups that I chose to include.

I can get all the way to scanning the code on-screen with my iPhone, but then I just get the spinner forever and my two groups (accessories) never show up to be added on my device.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I assume that since iOS can see Homebridge that it should be able to see the accessories, right?

Thanks for help in advance!

Running latest version of Indigo 6 on latest updated version of El Capitan.

--Joe

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 5:44 am
webdeck offline

Re: No accessories found in iOS app but 2 created in Homebri

You didn't say what app you're using on your phone, but it sounds like you just need to tap on Done to exit out of the "add a device" mode in your app.

-Mike

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 5:23 pm
Nidocamen offline

Re: No accessories found in iOS app but 2 created in Homebri

Actually, I got it to work by entering the code manually instead of doing it with the camera. Then it proceeded to the next screen and all works now :)

Page 1 of 1