Homebridge 2.0 with Indigo plugin brings Siri to Indigo

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:41 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Homebridge 2.0 with Indigo plugin brings Siri to Indigo

I think it makes sense to have sub forums... perhaps each step could be identified and an appropriate sub forum created? After all, most of us are following something step by step and if we have a problem, we go back to the forum. Just my two cents on how to organize it... although it is a bit of a mess to parse out at this point :/

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:58 pm
Dewster35 offline

davinci wrote:
I had those issues with Homebridge and I guess I know why it happened.

Homebridge must never be running twice or too short after quitting it. Therefore I have written a shell script which I run when starting Indigo or whenever I have an update:

Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh

killall -15 homebridge
sleep 10

/usr/local/bin/homebridge -U /Users/USERNAME/.homebridge >/Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/homebridge.log 2>&1 &

Never had any problems again. Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing this! Now, for those among us who have never written a shell script in our lives, how does one go about creating the file that lives on our mac and calling it from indigo?

Trigger would be "Indigo Server Startup" > Action would be to run shell script.

At that point my skills fall apart. I think this would be helpful for other users as well.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:44 pm
webdeck offline

jay (support) wrote:
Hey guys - clearly, Homebridge is something a lot of users are interested in. And I see that this thread is getting really large. I'm thinking of creating a Homebridge subforum under the Integrating Services/Applications forum so that people can post individual topics rather than just add more here. Might make it easier to find matching issue.

However, as someone who doesn't contribute to the topic, that may not be what the community that's supporting Homebridge would like. So, those who contribute to this thread by answering questions and helping others: is this a good next step or are there other ideas? Or should we just leave it alone? If someone would like to take more of an official "ownership" of this, I can create a new forum in the 3rd Party Developers section which would allow you to moderate the topics, create sticky posts (installation/usage) and the like.

Let me know your thoughts - I want to help make this great community supported solution even easier to use for more customers.

I'm happy to take ownership of it. You can call it "WebDeck Software" - that seems to match the existing naming conventions. Thanks for your support!

-Mike

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am
dnomode offline

Hello, Great plugin. Thanks

I'm getting the following in terminal when trying to setup to run automatically

Code: Select all
Mac-mini:~ edmac$ launchctl load -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist
launchctl: Couldn't stat("/Users/edmac/Library/LaunchAgents/com.webdeck.homebridge.plist"): No such file or directory
nothing found to load
Mac-mini:~ edmac$

The file is in there Image

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edmond

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:16 pm
robb18 offline

How do I setup an Action, like Shades Up, or example such that I don't need to say to Siri "Shades Up On" in order for it to execute?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 pm
Londonmark offline

If you're using mytouchhome you can set up a scene with any name you want and link it to an action.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:54 pm
noel1983 offline

Hi all,
After removing the various components and starting from scratch i'm working :) Thanks for all that have helped me out.

Just one device seems to be erring and sods law its the one I want most, bedside lights!

Output is

Error parsing Indigo response for /devices/Bedside.json
Exception: SyntaxError: Unexpected token
Response: {
"name": "Bedside",
"address": 102,
"addressStr": "A1",
"classID": 1,
"desc": " ",
"devProtocol": 0,
"displayInUI": true,
"displayLongState": "off",
"displayRawState": "off",
"folderID": 403687486,
"hasStateToDisplay": true,
"id": 920767422,
"isOn": false,
"lastChanged": 507683435,
"lastChangedDateStr": "2016-02-01",
"lastChangedRFC3339": "2016-02-01T23:10:35Z",
"lastChangedRFC822": "Mon, 01 Feb 2016 23:10:35 GMT",
"lastChangedTimeStr": "11:10:35 PM",
"type": "Appliance Module",
"typeFlags": 13,
"typeSupportsDim": false,
"typeSupportsEnergyMeter": false,
"typeSupportsHVAC": false,
"typeSupportsIO": false,
"typeSupportsOnOff": true,
"typeSupportsSensorValue": false,
"typeSupportsSpeedControl": false,
"typeSupportsSprinkler": false,
"versByte": 0,
"restParent": "devices"
}

Any ideas what's causing this? It's an x10 appliance module, that I've just renamed bedside to avoid any issues with spaces etc.

Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:56 pm
robb18 offline

I was hoping to avoid more layers of third party apps and do it directly with HomeBridge.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:18 pm
DVDDave offline

robb18 wrote:
How do I setup an Action, like Shades Up, or example such that I don't need to say to Siri "Shades Up On" in order for it to execute?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I think we may have to wait for Mike to add the Window Covering service to homebridge-indigo. I may give it a try when I get my RFXCOM interface to control my Somfy controlled solar screens. It doesn't look too hard to do but I've had only limited success in the past with other services. Also, if he so chooses, Mike would need to incorporate the function into his code for others to access it easily.

--Dave