Nightly reboot causes my arrival action to be executed

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:40 pm
rllr.coaster offline

Nightly reboot causes my arrival action to be executed

Let me start by saying I'm new to rPI's and the use of the piBeacon plugin so this topic may be old or covered somewhere else. If it is I couldn't find it

I recently set up my first piBeacon rPI to monitor the departure and arrival of members of my family and run an action when everyone leaves or a single family member returns. This has worked pretty well for the first couple of weeks. But the last couple nights, at midnight, the rPI has rebooted and the plugin immediately runs the depart script which turn off all the lights which is fine as we are usually already asleep. But then the plugin immediately notices the family is home and runs the arrival script which turns on a bunch of our lights.

I don't remember making any changes that would have caused the nightly reboot as it was all working so I'm inclined to not touch things that working. Is there something I can do to prevent the reboot? Any idea why this would have begun after working so well for the first couple weeks.

Thanks for any help or guidance - John

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Nightly reboot causes my arrival action to be executed

that might be a timing issue. It should send the message " I am rebooting" to the plugin. It should ignore any timeout during that period.. will check

you can disable RPI reboot at midnight in config

Karl
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 22.26.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 22.26.00.png (23.2 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 pm
rllr.coaster offline

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the quick response.

I ended up setting a time condition on the actions (arrive and departure) so that they won't run between 11:55PM and 12:05AM - before I saw your response.

I found the setting to turn off the reboot and have made the change to turn the feature off. I seem to remember seeing a post that said the reboot wasn't quite as important as in earlier versions of the plugin.

John

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 am
kw123 offline

with v 7-36-36 the RPi now sends the proper message to the plugin when it reboots.

The plugin will then for ~ 140 seconds not set any status to down. Normally 140 seconds should be ok for the RPI to boot. -- we could change that time to more if needed.

Karl

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:37 pm
rllr.coaster offline

When I try to download 7-36-36 I get a 404.

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:00 pm
kw123 offline

fixed

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:30 pm
rllr.coaster offline

Got it - Thanks

Get support Karl

Page 1 of 1