Geofence and Indigo

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 am
midd offline

Geofence and Indigo

So I finally figured out how to set up a geofence in Home Remote. But how do I integrate it with indigo. I'm trying to replace iFindstuff. I have variables and triggers setup through that. I want to switch them over to Home Remote's geofence.

Thanks.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 am
Japple55 offline

Re: Geofence and Indigo

These should get you started. The first two are from the documentation (lots of good stuff there) and the last one is a bunch of examples posted by howardtp.

http://bouncingball.mobi/apps/files/Hom ... _Attribute

http://bouncingball.mobi/apps/files/Hom ... tle=Indigo

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=15080&start=45#p105873

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:35 am
midd offline

Thanks for the tips. I've seen the documentation but it's still a little unclear. I would need two Geofence actions, one for entering and one for exiting? that's how I set it up. I have the app configured to my reflector's address.

So basically I'm creating a trigger in the form of an action group that will execute when i enter or exit my geofence in home remote? I'm not home so I'm trying to picture it in my head. lol

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am
howartp offline

I'll look later if you don't sort it; I don't use geofence so haven't looked at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 pm
ac4lt offline

midd wrote:
Thanks for the tips. I've seen the documentation but it's still a little unclear. I would need two Geofence actions, one for entering and one for exiting? that's how I set it up. I have the app configured to my reflector's address.

So basically I'm creating a trigger in the form of an action group that will execute when i enter or exit my geofence in home remote? I'm not home so I'm trying to picture it in my head. lol

I'm using the home remote app also so I can try to help if you need it. Yes, you do need two actions, one for entering and one for leaving the geofence. The entering action will set an indigo virtual device to on and leaving will set it to off. I've been using it for the last 2-3 weeks and it's been 100% reliable for me so far. I've been using geofences around 100m I'm diameter which has been precise enough for my needs.

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm
midd offline

Thanks. I think I figured it out. Like I said, I had triggers setup for iFindstuff, I took the action part of each trigger and created an action group. I will have to setup a separate action group for each phone. Then I'll be able to adjust hvac system based on if anyone is home or not.

My reflector is down right now and I can't test it out.

quote="ac4lt"]
midd wrote:

I'm using the home remote app also so I can try to help if you need it. Yes, you do need two actions, one for entering and one for leaving the geofence. The entering action will set an indigo virtual device to on and leaving will set it to off. I've been using it for the last 2-3 weeks and it's been 100% reliable for me so far. I've been using geofences around 100m I'm diameter which has been precise enough for my needs.[/quote]

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:52 pm
midd offline

So I'm just double checking as I'm finally home and my reflector is up again.

So I created an action for indigo. which will execute an action group to toggle variables that I am home. Then I go back and setup the geofence. Home Remote will execute the action group once I enter the geofence? I'm only asking because I didn't set it up in that order. I did the execution of the action group first, then I set up the geofence to enter it.

Page 1 of 1