docs for connecting Home Remote to Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:21 am
Different Computers offline

docs for connecting Home Remote to Indigo?

Hi, I'm running the trial, but very likely to go with Indigo.

I followed the support links from the App Store, but don't see any documentation on how HR connects to Indigo. Can someone post me a link?

If there isn't any, can someone summarize what HR does through Indigo and how? I get the impression it offers control of any device/schedule/action Indigo offers, plus adds presence and geofencing to Indigo. Also iBeacons?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:02 pm
howartp offline

Re: docs for connecting Home Remote to Indigo?

Hi there, and welcome!

Behind the scenes, HR uses the Restful API that Indigo exposes.

It can operate any common device (turn on/off/toggle) or execute any action. It can't touch schedules or triggers.

I haven't played with the presence/beacon features since Gary added them so I can't comment on those.

In the UI, you store the IP address or Reflector address of your indigo server once. HR then queries it and gives you a list of all devices and actions you can do something with, and you pick the one you want when creating a HR action. (Not to be confused with an Indigo action).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:00 am
Different Computers offline

Many thanks!

Found a screen shot somewhere that showed some of what you explained, but your detail was helpful.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:58 pm
rycardo offline

howartp wrote:
Hi there, and welcome!
Behind the scenes, HR uses the Restful API that Indigo exposes.

Hey howartp,

I believe you are you the creator of HomeRemote+ App, so I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having.

I use your app, on my iPhone, with geo-fence triggers / actions for both entering and exiting the home geo fence. This has been working well for me for a long while.

I'v now had an other person with access to the house purchase your app. I shared my Home with them (through the Settings app > Home Kit) and the home shows up in your app on their iPhone as a shared home. They can tell Siri "Turn On Kitchen Lights", and Siri turns them on, so Home Kit is working for that.

However, they can not manually (tapping on screen) turn on/off any accessories, execute any scenes that already exist, nor create new triggers or scenes. I'd like to create the same geo-fence triggers for them that I use on my iPhone, Is this possible?

What I mean by that, I have virtual devices for each person with access to the house, I also have a House Occupied virtual device. Each time a "person Is Home" device changes state, House Occupied determines if anyone is home, and sets it's state accordingly. If House Occupied is off, and there is motion in the house, or a door is opened, Indigo alerts me. I use a Geo Fence action in your app, which sets "Rycardo Is Home" on or off depending on whether I enter or exit the geo fence.

By the way, if they attempt to execute a scene manually, they get an alert:
Error
Action set execution failed
[ Okay ]

Can you offer any help or advise for setting up geo triggers/actions in your app for them? You can respond here or email me if you prefer, rycardo.cousteau@yahoo.ca

Cheers,

Rycardo

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:47 pm
howartp offline

Hi Rycardo

Actually, Gary ("Gary BBGames") is the author of this app. :-)

I'm just an early adopter and experienced user of Indigo so I helped Gary with some ideas as we went along.

I've not tried sharing my house setup with other people so I think we'll need to wait for Gary - he's usually around pretty quick.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1