Home Remote for Mac

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:40 am
autolog offline

Home Remote for Mac

I have just purchased the Home Remote for Mac :)

Must be missing something as I can't get it to work.
It appears in the main menu bar when the app is double clicked.
My Actions are listed in a menu when I click on the icon in the main menu bar, along with the greyed out message Log in on iOS to enableHome Remote: Remote

If I click on an action - nothing happens :?

I do have the actions set to double tap and this works fine on my iPhone and Apple Watch.

I have tested on my Indigo Server mac mini and Indigo Client Macbook Air with the same result.

Also - just happened - I have got a pop-up on my Macbook Air - Home Remote.App wants to use your confidential information stored in "ip-address (userid)" in your keychain - Not sure what this is about?

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:44 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Re: Home Remote for Mac

Hey Jon,

I have another user that uses the double click option and does;t have problems I believe. I'll have a look in to this now, sorry about that.

As for the "Home Remote.App wants to use your confidential information stored in "ip-address (userid)" in your keychain" I have never seen this. Again I will look in to it but please be aware that nothing untoward is happening with you information, the app is sandboxed so can only see information pertaining to itself.

I will have a look and post an update here shortly.

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:50 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Jon,

This does indeed seem to be the issue. I am submitting an update now. Would you like a build in the mean time?

If so then please PM me your email address.

Thanks,

Gary

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 am
autolog offline

Just want to say thanks to Gary for the test version - it all works OK now :D

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:22 am
Gary_BBGames offline

And just to follow that up, a fix has been submitted to Apple for Home Remote - Activator 1.5 and should be out in 6 days or so. Sorry for any inconvenience. A work around in the mean time is to disable double tap functionality for your URL actions.

I will post here (in an announcement post) when 1.5 is out.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:23 pm
howartp offline

I see this requires Yosemite or El Capitan - I'm stuck on Mavericks because I didn't realise Yosemite disappeared when El Capitan came out, but I obviously can't go to El Capitan until they fix the bugs.

Is it possible to support Mavericks, or does it use code that didn't exist?

Peter

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:08 am
durosity offline

YMMV, but I've found El Capitan to be sufficiently stable for all tasks in both my server and my MacBook. The only remaining issue I've still got is with apcupsd not working.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:40 am
howartp offline

What's with all the posts about it being unstable on here then? It's not yet supported by Matt/Jay as far as I understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
What's with all the posts about it being unstable on here then? It's not yet supported by Matt/Jay as far as I understand?

It does appear to be unstable for a non-trivial number of our users and others.

However, unsupported? Not exactly - we have one more thing to look into in more depth (the firewall nag that keeps coming back for IWS) but we've done all we can on everything else that was found. The USB issues are definitely in Apple's court to solve. And there are clearly a large number of users using 10.11 without issues. So, we do support it, but with the caveats that we've outlined in our El Capitan announcement thread. We're testing with 10.11.2 now, and once we feel comfortable with our findings we'll post there, but for the time being we still don't recommend upgrading to El Capitan if you can avoid it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:20 am
howartp offline

Ok, change 'supported' for 'recommended' then :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1