Feature Requests for Apple TV App

Posted on
Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Feature Requests for Apple TV App

I don't know if you've tried it, but I wonder if it wouldn't look a little better if there were some space between the tiles on the Apple TV view. Right now, they overlap which feels a bit cluttered and somewhat hard to determine which one is selected. Also, you might want to make the background black rather than gray since gray is the default color of a tile (they tend to blend in).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:10 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Re: Feature Requests for Apple TV App

Hi Jay, thanks for those suggestions. The space between the buttons is definitely something I will look at as it does look a little cluttered. I am also going to provide options to top set how many actions should show across the width and height.

The grey color is done to mirror the iOS version (which is defined but the Today Screen). If they are not similar then button colors look different across devices.

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:49 am
Parp offline

Nice job, Gary. I was shocked to see it available on my ATV last night!

I think it looks fine...keep up the great work! You have something special here: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and AppleTV.

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Thanks Parp. I will be making regular updates to it as long as new ideas come up. Don't forget OS X too :) Although that is a separate purchase.

I am going to add shortcuts to the "top shelf". If an app is one of your first 5 then it can show some extra options at the top of the screen before you launch it. I am thinking of adding the option to have your favourite presets there.

Another cool feature that already works is the ability to use the Siri Remote - when in the app - to control it, it will even work with any custom voice commands you set in the iOS version of Home Remote.

You can leave it with the app open, and sleep off on the Apple TV and even if the TV is off or you're not on the right input you can still use the Siri Remote.

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:23 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Jay, the spacing does look much nicer now, thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, that's a definite improvement.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1