Two factor authentication - a couple of questions

Posted on
Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:53 am
aderrington offline

Re: Two factor authentication - a couple of questions

Hi.
Is there any news on an update that will include 2FA?
I've not used the plugin before but would love to give it a go.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 am
bjones offline

I'd love to get 2FA support for this plugin! Apple is really pushing 2FA and this plugin makes fingscan very reliable for me.

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:36 am
durosity offline

Unfortunately the plugin author briefly reappeared after some illness back in September with plans for updating his plugins but has since disappeared again. I hope he is ok.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 pm
midd offline

So now that the FindmyFirends plugin has been released, I'm wondering if a separate icloud account with no 2FA could be setup for iFindStuff?

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 am
GlennNZ offline

Two factor authentication - a couple of questions

Hi
If you are referring to my plugin/IFindFriendsMini here:
viewtopic.php?f=222&t=19950

(Note the similar but different terms - ifindstuff, ifindfriendsMini, FindmyFriends apple service )

Then yes - it does the job of some of the functions of ifindstuff. (without needing 2fa). Particularly for me the option of showing location as address and as google map image on a control page. It does this through FindmyFriends data which ifindstuff does not access.

You can still (I believe) use iFindStuff without 2FA. (although I am not sure that is now possible on os11 and above)

I did initially look at updating ifindstuff to use this data source( hopefully temporarily until author back). But was massive change to the code which I almost didn’t recover from. Somewhat unfamiliar code base, and completely different data sets obtained - plus different way of getting them. Because of that I found it easier to move to new plugin altogether (and tidier/neater I knew what was happening )

They work differently - ifindfriendsMini uses FindmyFriends data - ifindstuff uses apple account details (so for multiple devices need to be logged in as multiple users).iFindstuff gets a lot of data - but no one has 2FA working for more than a few hours with the base library which is pyicloud (https://github.com/picklepete/pyicloud) This library is now python 3 only.

Welcome to give iFindFriendsMini a try and post any questions over there.

Glenn