iFindStuff Update

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:25 am
TOPS offline

iFindStuff Update

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the iFindStuff plugin is up and running again? I've had mine disabled since the trouble started.......Mike, any news??

Thanks all,

Dave

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 am
rapamatic offline

Re: iFindStuff Update

+1 for me. Mine hasn't worked in months. I loved the idea of it...

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 am
TOPS offline

When it worked it was brilliant...I can honestly say it was/is one of the best Plugins for its purpose on the list.....Lets hope that Mike can sort it out....excuse the pun, but I'm lost with out it.....please Mike do your thing....

Dave

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:07 pm
Gusten offline

Mine is working? Whats not working? /Martin

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:19 pm
rapamatic offline

At least for me, I don't see any devices after setting up my icloud account....

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:45 pm
Gusten offline

Weird, everything seems to work for me. I can see my iPhone and it checks in to the correct geofence as it should?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:12 pm
GlennNZ offline

Mines all good, devices locating, history working, emails now stopped after minor update.

Ditto - what is not working?

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:43 pm
peteinau offline

Hi,

I've had to stop using iFindStuff, it stopped updating my location at all, even when I was a whole continent away it still said I was home.

I tried deleting everything and recreating it from scratch, I can create the apple account, but I can't get a list of my devices to add the device back in.

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 pm
rapamatic offline

peteinau wrote:
Hi,

I've had to stop using iFindStuff, it stopped updating my location at all, even when I was a whole continent away it still said I was home.

I tried deleting everything and recreating it from scratch, I can create the apple account, but I can't get a list of my devices to add the device back in.

That's exactly the issue I'm having.... maybe I need to totally nuke everything iFindStuff and start from total scratch?

Also, I am using two factor authentication on my iTunes account... could that be the issue?

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:05 pm
peteinau offline

I literally removed everything, even tried a completely new Indigo database to try and fix it but no luck.

I'm also using two factor authentication on my account. I tried using an app specific password but it would not accept it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:48 am
TOPS offline

Hi All,

Thank you for your comments thus far, I re-enabled iFindstuff yesterday and straight away started to get email sign in alert messages from Apple for all of my devices, one after the other they just keep coming, so I guess the problem is still there, so I have disabled the plugin again....its a great shame that its not working (for me and any others) please Mike can you take a look....

cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:17 am
wiery offline

Mine has stopped updating location on map since I enabled two factor authentication the other day. The device location does seem to show me as home however, but not tested enough.

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:56 am
peteinau offline

I wonder if it's just the two factor authentication that's the issue....

I have had a few troubles with people trying to hack my account so I'm super reluctant to turn it off.

Certainly even when I manage to add my apple account I get an email every time iFindStuff polls.

Would love to get it working again, I've been using IFTTT location instead for a while, but not nearly as reliable.

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:28 am
jalves offline

TOPS wrote:
Thank you for your comments thus far, I re-enabled iFindstuff yesterday and straight away started to get email sign in alert messages from Apple for all of my devices, one after the other they just keep coming, so I guess the problem is still there, so I have disabled the plugin again....its a great shame that its not working (for me and any others) please Mike can you take a look....

Did you download the latest version or just enable the existing one? The newest version stops the email issue for me.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:57 am
TOPS offline

Hi Jeff

What's the number of the latest version?

Cheers

Dave