iCloud Password Change Issues

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:15 pm
cjp767 offline

iCloud Password Change Issues

First off, this is a brilliant plugin and has worked flawlessly for months! Then I changed my iCloud password and the geofence/location information stopped working because I forgot to update my password in the iFindStuff plugin set up menu. The plugin was not able to update my position and my location was stuck in my home geofence (which was exactly my position when I changed my password). Of course, when I updated my password in iFindStuff, everything started working again.

Here's a question-- The iCloud login for my phone was still showing "active" and had a green dot, even though it was not accurately updating. Might there be a way to show forgetful users like me that there is an issue signing into iCloud after the initial setup check? Or possibly I should just remember next time-- It's amazing how many places the iCloud sign in is used-- iPad, iPhone, computers, Airport base stations... and, of course, iFindStuff.

Thanks for a great plugin.

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:06 am
jalves offline

Re: iCloud Password Change Issues

Whenever I've changed my iCloud password but forgotten to update it for iFindStuff, there is always an error message in the event log.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1