Feature Request for iCloud message from variable

Posted on
Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 am
nev offline

Feature Request for iCloud message from variable

Hi! I love the iCloud message feature. Currently using some scripts on Indigo, I use this messaging feature to provide me with various notifications also utilizing the iFindStuff calculated data (ETA to home, will I hit the bridge or I should take another route... ).

My request is if you can add the ability to send a message from a variable value vs the current static text box message which I don't know how to modify with a script. This will allow me to send all types of notification to myself in certain scenarios. I plan to run scripts using the homebridge plugin, then return any needed info over iCloud message via iFindStuff. An example is "Siri, Turn ON Bridge Check" . Bridge Check will be setup as an action group which runs a script to check bridge schedules and my ETA, then it will send a response to this inquiry via iCloud message using iFindStuff assuming you will be able to accommodate this request and allow Indigo variables to be sent over iCloud message using your plugin.

I appreciate all of the hard work you have put into this plugin, thanks again!!!

Posted on
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:40 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Feature Request for iCloud message from variable

nev wrote:
Hi! I love the iCloud message feature. Currently using some scripts on Indigo, I use this messaging feature to provide me with various notifications also utilizing the iFindStuff calculated data (ETA to home, will I hit the bridge or I should take another route... ).

My request is if you can add the ability to send a message from a variable value vs the current static text box message which I don't know how to modify with a script. This will allow me to send all types of notification to myself in certain scenarios. I plan to run scripts using the homebridge plugin, then return any needed info over iCloud message via iFindStuff. An example is "Siri, Turn ON Bridge Check" . Bridge Check will be setup as an action group which runs a script to check bridge schedules and my ETA, then it will send a response to this inquiry via iCloud message using iFindStuff assuming you will be able to accommodate this request and allow Indigo variables to be sent over iCloud message using your plugin.

I appreciate all of the hard work you have put into this plugin, thanks again!!!

Yep that's very possible. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can include something like that later this week. I'll write up a use case in the morning and let you check if I understand what your looking for.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:10 am
howartp offline

Re: Feature Request for iCloud message from variable

By variable value, do you mean the value of an indigo variable?

If so - Mike, you should (if not already) use the variable substitution feature in the IOM that turns %%varid%% into the contents of that var.

Have a look at substituteVariable() in http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... substitute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1